bodybuilding; Days off -- 2questions

Options
I have been bodybuilding for a year now and enjoying the learning process.
I am currently working out mon-fri taking 2 days off a week.
1.) My question is; what is best for me to do with my caloric intake on my days off? If my lean bulk is 3400 calories and 3100+ is my maintenance, I am obviously going to eat 3400 mon-fri but what should I be in taking on my days off? I feel really full and bloated when I eat 3400 on my days off but I definitely don't want to loose my weeks gains on the weekends by not eating enough.
2.) My second question is; will it be prudent for a bodybuilder to intermittent fast on weekends?? Sounds like a stupid question but I personally think it can help and want to take in other peoples advice! It is hard for me to intermittent fast mon-fri when I'm working out because i get low blood sugar and get dizzy if I don't eat for several hours, but on my days off I am usually resting and not moving to much there for I can go longer without food. I would like to fast on weekends but I'm not experienced enough to know if it can effect my body in a negative way by changing my diet every single week. Sorry for the long post and I do appreciate all advice! Thank you

Replies

• Krisfit40
    Krisfit40 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    you most likely won't lose muscle in 2 days unless you don't eat anything at all. You may look flat and feel like you shrunk but thats to be expected on days when you don't push a ton of blood into the muscles.. Intermittent fasting is more for losing weight so if you are bulking just eat when you are hungry.. If you are clean bulking then you can eat the same calories 7 days a week because you are going to be using those clean calories to rebuild muscle from fridays workout.. one last tidbit, I take my carbs down and add more protein on days I don't lift.. your body will use its fats stores for energy instead of using carbs.. but bring the carbs right back up on monday.. Hope this helps.. I have a lot of info on a lot of different approaches I have taken so if you have any questions feel free to ask
  • kingkam21
    kingkam21 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Krisfit40 wrote: »
    you most likely won't lose muscle in 2 days unless you don't eat anything at all. You may look flat and feel like you shrunk but thats to be expected on days when you don't push a ton of blood into the muscles.. Intermittent fasting is more for losing weight so if you are bulking just eat when you are hungry.. If you are clean bulking then you can eat the same calories 7 days a week because you are going to be using those clean calories to rebuild muscle from fridays workout.. one last tidbit, I take my carbs down and add more protein on days I don't lift.. your body will use its fats stores for energy instead of using carbs.. but bring the carbs right back up on monday.. Hope this helps.. I have a lot of info on a lot of different approaches I have taken so if you have any questions feel free to ask

Great advice! I appreciate the response and will be taking this approach on my days off. I couldn't ask for a better answers!