Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S3? (not mfp related)

Options
sc10985
sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
So I'm probably going to sound REALLY lame for asking this but if you have a Samsung galaxy s3, can you please tell me how to get it to autocorrect when typing? Is it even possible? It never does it on its own and it's making me HATE it. I have to either go back andffix everything I type or suffer with a million typos. I've been through all the settings and can't find one for autocorrect, only predictive text which is fine only if I'm watching it every second lol. HELP ME.

Replies

• onetwopotato
    onetwopotato Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Get an iPhone.
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Get an iPhone.

Boo
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Get an iPhone.

Boo

Ditto. Don't drink the kool-aid.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    sorry cant help if its not "mfp" related
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    You got to go in setting->my device->language and input->samsung keyboard settings and activate it. It is deactivated by default.
  • onetwopotato
    Options
    Get an iPhone.

Boo
    BRO, it just works.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Get an iPhone.

Boo
    BRO, it just works.

Can't customize a single thing on an iphone, it seems like the exact phone they'd develop for communist North Korea, where everybody is the same and nobody can personalize anything. Of course communist countries are too poor for phones anyways...
  • onetwopotato
    Options
    Get an iPhone.

Boo
    BRO, it just works.

Can't customize a single thing on an iphone, it seems like the exact phone they'd develop for communist North Korea, where everybody is the same and nobody can personalize anything. Of course communist countries are too poor for phones anyways...
    Didnt buy it to customize it...
  • sc10985
    Options
    Get an iPhone.

NEVER. We switched our service a couple months ago and I got this and my bf got an iPhone. I played with it for about 10 mins and it confirmed my choice lol.
  • onetwopotato
    Options
    Get an iPhone.

NEVER. We switched our service a couple months ago and I got this and my bf got an iPhone. I played with it for about 10 mins and it confirmed my choice lol.
    I see that your decision is working out well for you. :wink:
  • sc10985
    Options
    You got to go in setting->my device->language and input->samsung keyboard settings and activate it. It is deactivated by default.

I've been there over and over and I don't see anything that says autocorrect. Just "predictive text, auto capitalization, and auto punctuation"
  • sc10985
    Options
    Get an iPhone.

I see that your decision is working out well for you. :wink:

Hardy har har. This is the only issue I've had with it. The iphone was (to quote seinfeld) "like a big budget movie with a story that goes NOWHERE".
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options

I've been there over and over and I don't see anything that says autocorrect. Just "predictive text, auto capitalization, and auto punctuation"

yea activate predictive text.
  • sc10985
    Options
    sorry cant help if its not "mfp" related

Sorry just wanted to let everyone know in advance that it wasn't related to the site. Just in case they weren't interested in reading the thread because of that. I thought that was common forum courtesy.
  • sc10985
    Options

yea activate predictive text.

It's always been "on". The keyboard will "predict" the word but if I fudge it or spell it wrong it doesn't automatically correct it, I have to either retype it or click on the word it's guessing. I know it's kind of trivial but my old android had autocorrect so I'm just wondering what gives with this phone.
  • sc10985
    Options
    NEVERMIND...Apparently before I even got this phone, Apple filed a lawsuit against Samsung and they removed autocorrect during an upgrade back in January. Damn apple and their technology monopoly....