I can't last long on the elliptical even though I push myself

Options
2»

Replies

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Weight training mixed with cardio would be great.

For me to like the elliptical, I have to watch a movie (one I've seen before so don't get distracted) sometimes watching the numbers, speed, calories can get annoying so having something in front of that makes me go harder and not stress about how long etc Also watching youtube videos. I'd add up a few videos until I get to 30 minutes or however I want. My heighest time on the elliptical was 84 minutes while having a film on. Take short breaks if you need them. I also like to mix up the levels.

Any activity is better than none at all.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    We all start somewhere & advance from there! Keep a log of each elliptical session: time, resistance, rpm, steps taken. It will be fun & encouraging to see yourself progress.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Just because you lost weight doesn't mean you're in shape. Metabolic conditioning takes times. Put in the work you'll get the returns. Just take it a day at a time.
  • DVall30
    DVall30 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Like everybody said u just have to build up to it. When i started i could barely do 5 mins so i would add 5 min more every other day til i didnt feel like collapsing anymore. Good luck
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    1TP56ZY.jpg

Just keep at it. You'll be good.
  • StephanieJane2
    StephanieJane2 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    The first time I got on a trainer I lasted 1 min 17 secs. Each time I tried to get into next minute. Just keep adding a few seconds at a time xx good luck
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey, congratulations on your loss- 50 pounds is great!
    Try heighten your resistance on the elliptical as this can help to slow you down and focus on your movements. If you own the elliptical I would suggest trying to do 5 minutes several times through out the day and then weekly up your time by 30seconds - 1 minute depending on how your feeling. That should help build up your stamina to be able to do a longer time all at once. Personally the Elliptical is one of my favorite exercises because I really am bad at running.
    I like to do interval training on it as well - so do 2minutes at a reasonable pace, 1 minute on an extreme pace/ sprint and repeat - this blasts calories and keeps me occupied with focusing on my pace.
  • leeburton2016
    leeburton2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Stick at it and it'll come you'll get there