Body Building Lovers

Options
Rockkap
Rockkap Posts: 19 Member
I'm coming off of Keto and slowly increasing carbs. I'm into body building and looking for friends who are like minded and have experienced the same with Keto/low carb and increasing again. I have a few questions I'd love to bounce off you guys!
Will only appove people with open diaries and will not accept requests with no info/ pics. Sorry, too many weird fake accounts on here.

Replies

• sherifitz40
    sherifitz40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm into weight lifting. I am not yet at a point where I am increasing my carbs. But I am looking for encouragement and feedback.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm coming off of Keto and slowly increasing carbs. I'm into body building and looking for friends who are like minded and have experienced the same with Keto/low carb and increasing again. I have a few questions I'd love to bounce off you guys!
    Will only appove people with open diaries and will not accept requests with no info/ pics. Sorry, too many weird fake accounts on here.

Welcome. What kind of questions do you have?
  • ObiWanJacoby_
    ObiWanJacoby_ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There's a thread on Reddit called /r/ketogains and in the sidebar they discuss CKD (cyclical keto diet) TKD (targeted keto diet) and SKD (standard keto diet). If you're set on adding carbs back in after being on keto either the CKD or TKD might be a good option. The TKD basically is ingesting carbs before and prior to workouts and still staying on a keto regiment. While CKD incorporates rotating carbs loading days.

Good luck!!
  • leeburton2016
    leeburton2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a uk bodybuilder looking to do first competition this year nice to meet u
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do keto sort of. I eat carbs post workout.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I'm into body building and I'm on a low carb eating plan right now. Feel free to friend me
  • Rockkap
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry, I may have phrased that badly. I am not looking to continue Keto, I am upping my carbs for max gains. So excited to see others building and not just focused on weight loss, adding you all. Thank you for your replies :)
  • Rockkap
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

I have been wondering if my current increase of 5g of carbs a week is sufficient or if I can bump it to 10g without a fat gain?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

I have been wondering if my current increase of 5g of carbs a week is sufficient or if I can bump it to 10g without a fat gain?

Fat gains will be determined by calorie surplus. With increased carbs you would see increased glycogen storage which subsequently might add a lb or two. So you can replace fats with carbs, but if calories are equal there wont be a body fat adjustment.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    5g of carbs is 20 calories. You will not notice this at all! I'd recommend 25g minimum (100 calories) and go from there