Bruising from Lever Belt???

Options
I recently noticed that after wearing my new lever belt, I have a bruise on the left side of my waist. Does anyone else have this problem after wearing lever belts? If so, is there a way to prevent this from occurring? I honestly feel that my belt is at the perfect tightness level right now; I am able to close it on my own but it is still tight enough that it helps me brace my core.

PS: if anyone wanted to know the make of the belt, it's a 10mm belt from Strength Shop USA.

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Most lever belts I've seen are noticeably stiffer than pronged belts so I'm not surprised. I've never gotten bruises but I'm tall with a tall torso so I never really have any pinching issues.

Honestly, overly tight belts can actually be detrimental if you can't gather a full breath in your belly. Something to think about as well.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you get bruises from new belts until you break them in and your body gets used to them. maybe warming it up before you get it tight might help, mine is always less bruisy after i've been wearing it a while and the leather is warm and a little soft. when i put it on and its cold, its very stiff.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I get bruises from my belt frequently. I had very little distance between the bottom of my ribcage and the top of my hips, so any belt forever rubs on one or the other, and I don't even notice it anymore. It just is.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Whether I use a 10mm prong or 13mm lever, I always have bruising/broken blood vessels around my waist.