Will running/jogging make my thighs larger??

So I have pretty large thighs and it's hard to find jeans and also since I'm short, my thighs just don't look right on my body lol. I was wondering if I eat at a deficit and run/jog for 30 minutes a day, will they grow larger or slim down? Thanks!

Replies

• ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    They will slim down.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    I'm the same. I can say that my thighs have gotten smaller eating at a deficit, lifting and running about 20min a day. Past few weeks, I've been doing just 10 minutes of sprints intervals. 1:40 walk .20 sprint x5. I've noticed a much larger difference in my legs with the sprinting, but I don't know if that's just because my BF is still dropping. Current measurements are waist 24.75"in and thighs 19.5"in.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    30 minutes of jogging no and eating at a deficit, def not.

You may get a pump in your legs after the exercising, but as far as actual growth, no. They will slim down some once you start loosing fat.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Distance running does not make your thighs bigger. Your legs get better at using the muscles they already have, but it doesn't add more muscle. And it will help you lose fat. So in the end, it will make your thighs slimmer.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,463 Member
    Your legs will get stronger, not bigger
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    No. I am short (5'1") and put weight on my thighs. When I jog and lose fat, it comes off my thighs. I'd have to do a lot of muscle bulking to make them bigger and a couple of 30 min jogs a week won't do that.
  • HStheBusyBee
    HStheBusyBee Posts: 1,366 Member
    My thighs have slimmed down since I started running :)
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    i started running the start of this year and have noticed a marked difference in my thigh area too (smaller) :)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    My thigh measurements increased after starting running. First it decreased (I assume fat was coming off), then they increased and my weight redistributed. I started losing in other areas but my leg muscle mass was increasing.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I had fairly well-developed thighs from being a swimmer and equestrienne growing up. Took up running 5 years ago and lost 50 lbs along the way (and no longer swim or ride as much as I used to) and my thighs are slimmer than they ever were.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    My thighs are the first place I gain weight, but also, fortunately the first place I lose. They're slightly larger due to muscles from playing soccer growing up, but when I start incorporating steady pace running into my routine they always slim down a little bit!