New Mommy with 125lbs to lose! AHHHHH!!

Options
Hello,

Just joined yesterday. Here's the deal. Was heavy all my life, went on slimfast my senior year of high school and lost over 60 lbs. Got married the next year and had baby number one, four years later (April of '10) after baby number two I have gained back 70lbs. I'm horrified. I am struggleing to fit a size 26. I'm not even 26 - shouldnt your pants size be smaller then your age at this point??!! Haha!

JUST got back from a 35 minute "brisk" walk and I'm feeling pretty good. I know i can do this because I have done it before. Anyone willing to buddy up with me, i would love it! I haven't lost with anyone before and I think it would give me the will power to stick with it.

Wish me luck :)

Caroline

Replies

• catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You can do it:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • rtrautmann
    rtrautmann Posts: 57
    Options
    good luck momma! Stay focused and make little steps, it's so worth the fight!
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    Options
    hang in there ya done it before and will do it again. hope ur nursing your precious little one that'll defineatley help to lose some:flowerforyou:
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    welcome to mfp!!! i have 3 boys myself and gained lots of weight with my last one.. its slowly going away so im right there with ya!! i started walking myself night before last and it does feel pretty good when your done i agree!!! can always use more friends to help keep each other motivated!!! good luck and keep up with it even tho it seems impossible sometimes the rewards far outweight the pain :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Hey Caroline and welcome to MFP! You're right, if you did it once, you can definately do it again! Just break your goals into mini goals of about 10-15 pounds to lose at a time and it won't seem too overwhelming.

This site has so many great people who offer help and support. Stick with it and you'll reach your goals!

Good luck!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good luck with your weight loss! Go for it!
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to mfp. It is a wonderful site with so many nice people. I am needing to lose about 230lbs. So far I got about 22 pounds off. If u need a buddy just add me we are about the same age I will be 26 in November.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You can do this !!! You have to do this!!!!! I know it is hard, I struggle everyday!! Start logging!!!!
  • ktcarr82
    ktcarr82 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey! I am happy to welcome you to MFP! This is a great site that has wonderful people to help motivate you. I too struggle with my weight. I have lost it, gained it, lost it again, and now gained it again. It seems so hard. I know that with a little motivation and will power, we can do this =) Good luck, and I will keep tabs on your progress...you can do the same with me ;)
  • Darby10
    Darby10 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm on day 6. I just keep telling myself ~ I didn't put it on overnight ~ I'm not going to loose it over night. My goal 50# by my 40th birthday next year (June). I just keep coming back to the site for support. Good Luck!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Welcome you have about the same as me to lose you can add me as a friend Joy
  • Darby10
    Darby10 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm on day 6. I just keep telling myself ~ I didn't put it on overnight ~ I'm not going to loose it over night. My goal 50# by my 40th birthday next year (June). I just keep coming back to the site for support. Good Luck!
    Rember "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!"
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Friending you now!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You're in the right place for a good support system!