Average daily calorie need

Options
I've found a site that will tell you your BMR based on some simple questions. It's telling me mine is 1386 calories per day and my average calorie need is 2148. What happens if I don't eat the 2148? Sould I eat that much everyday? And maybe a lower amount in rest days? I'm trying to lose fat and maintain and or increase my muscle mass. Please help!

Replies

• trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Bmr is like what you would burn if you laid in bed all day and did not move. Try eating the same calories every day and at the end of the week add them all up.
    If you lost 1 lb you were ruffly 3500 calories below maintenance. If your wieght stsyed the same lower you daily intake by 500 calories too lose 1 lb per week.
    I eat 500 lower than my bmr, but i have 50 more lbs too lose. Its not for everyone.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    You can also just put your stats, activity level, and goals into MFP and it will provide you a calorie target. Eat a variety of nutrient dense foods, but allow for treats in moderation. Track and log your food as accurately as possible ideally using a food scale. Exercise if you enjoy it, eating back a portion of those calories. Be patient.

That's really all there is to it.
  • trollerskates
    trollerskates Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Scale for sure! Its easy to guess wrong and be way over/under