2 weeks to wedding, food decisions

Options
mbaker566
mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
so i am getting married in a couple of weeks and it's crunch time. I fit in the dress but i want to make sure i maintain or maybe loose a pound or two for breathing room-literally.

which brings me here to pick the hive mind for food choices to keep me full.
i'm looking for low calorie high fiber and/or high protien and/or high fat foods.
I was looking at greek yogurt and raspberries. i also planned on celery and watermelon and cucumbers and other fruits and veggies with high water content.

any suggestions?

Replies

• LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    beef jerky, hard boiled eggs, pre-cooked chicken breast, deli meat, protein shakes, almonds, surimi, shrimp cocktail, turkey pepperoni.

Make sure to watch your salt content in the 3-4 days leading up to the wedding. Try to avoid fast food, processed foods, and anything super salty (popcorn, chips, pretzels, salted nuts, etc). That will help with water retention and might buy you a little wiggle room.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    good info thanks :)
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's all about water retention at this point and how to avoid it. Continue eating healthy 2 weeks before your wedding, and cut out alcohol. During the full week before your wedding, don't cut calories, but cut out all processed food/anything that might cause you to retain water. I was able to handle that type of diet for 7 days before my wedding- because there was an end in sight and it's for an extremely special occasion.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    thanks
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Green leafy green salad. Add it to your grocery list.
  • LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I like adding chia seeds to my yogurt - adds crunch, protein, and fiber.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    maybe it's time i try chia. it's a texture thing. i'm not sure about it

i was looking at flaxseed oil
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Like others have said, for a pound or two of breathing room, your best bet is avoiding bloat. Drink TONS of water and keep the sodium down to a minimum. There are some great specific suggestions above but avoiding processed food is a great rule. It's crazy how much sodium they can stuff into something that seems like it would otherwise be healthy.

The day of- EAT! You might not want to but trust me, you don't want your stomach rumbling during the ceremony or having it be the ONE day that not eating combined with stress makes you dizzy! Snacking on raw fruit and veggies throughout the day is a good bet- just pick ones that won't get stuck in your teeth :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Eggs with beans is very filling for me. Heck, any meat/protein with beans. Add extra veggies, some Greek yogurt with fruit, and you're good. Avocado and shrimp is a great snack too!
  • mbaker566
    Options
    thanks everyone. great suggestions.