Why are you laughing

Options
Cindy4FunFit
Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
So, in the forums, what sort of humor do you enjoy from users and what kind do you not "get" or dislike? Signed, curious.

Replies

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Love the broscience. Makes me laugh until I realize people really believe that cr*p.

Also I love the snarky comments, kitteh videos and the Calvin and Hobbes thread.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    So, in the forums, what sort of humor do you enjoy from users and what kind do you not "get" or dislike? Signed, curious.

People that use winky faces too often. i don't get that.

; )

How does this make you feeeeeel?

• Cindy4FunFit
    Options

People that use winky faces too often. i don't get that.

And, yeah, use the winkie face when you mean it. Or it loses all meaning.

• Cindy4FunFit
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    Clever, witty humor. (though, I was accused of not being clever enough to ask "only questions" in one particular thread, which shall remain nameless...lol)

This is kind of where my thought was going...so many people say they: "love a good sense of humor" and then you get accused like that, or flagged and blocked. Not all funny is equal to all people. Maybe humor-lovers should be a bit more specific. ; )

Winkie face added for measure of humor.

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i recently questioned my sense of humor this weekend when everyone was sharing that woman in the chewbacca mask saying how funny it was, and i found it unfunny and it annoyed me.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    Love the broscience. Makes me laugh until I realize people really believe that cr*p.

Also I love the snarky comments, kitteh videos and the Calvin and Hobbes thread.

I enjoy the people who walk in with complete nonsense. (Intentionally or not) And the reactions. And the gifs, yeah. (To emphasize your point.)

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Gotta love that winkie face when it's thrown at the end of threads like "Looking for friends" or "Inbox Me". Man, those are the best.

I'm not a fan of sarcasm. It's totally the worst.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    i recently questioned my sense of humor this weekend when everyone was sharing that woman in the chewbacca mask saying how funny it was, and i found it unfunny and it annoyed me.

Ha! Someone sent that to me.. I was questioning many things. Is she some YouTube star?
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    Gotta love that winkie face when it's thrown at the end of threads like "Looking for friends" or "Inbox Me". Man, those are the best.

And...I don't want friends who can't figure out there is an entire forum section dedicated for introducing yourself and making friends. Go there for your bonding requests.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    Options

And...I don't want friends who can't figure out there is an entire forum section dedicated for introducing yourself and making friends. Go there for your bonding requests.

MdEwOO.gif
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    Options

864cdjh3nzmf.jpg

;)

giphy.gif
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    Clever, witty humor. (though, I was accused of not being clever enough to ask "only questions" in one particular thread, which shall remain nameless...lol)

Omg for Real?!?

I kinda love the ;) leaves so much to the imagination.

I'm a sucker for clever wordplay. My wall posts on my profile often end up a series of puns and silliness cause it's fun
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I get real annoyed when people use lol after every sentence. It's not funny.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    @synchkat, yeah that clever wordplay is the best. How many people do that well in your opinion; like percentage?
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Options
    I get real annoyed when people use lol after every sentence. It's not funny.

Haha! Yeah, why does it seem "LOL" is just played out and insincere. I like when people use lol ironically.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ;)

MdEwOO.gif

We are officially bonded. ;)