Dear Newbies...stop trying!

Options
TheHappyLoser
TheHappyLoser Posts: 95 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I am a Rockie here myself and I still don't know my way around that well. I come here every day and look for other overweight oldtimers like me, for future friendships.

Over and over I read the same subject line, "I am trying to lose....."

If I may quote Yoda from Starwars....DO OR DO NOT...THERE IS NO TRY,"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4yd2W50No

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    This weekend; as I was buying pants a size smaller and contemplating all the effort that brought me here, the phrase hit me "you can either work to achieve results or work on excuses; not both".
  • TheHappyLoser
    Options
    The word diet comes from the Greek word "dieta," meaning "a way of life." We are changing our lifestyle.

Language is a powerful tool. With just one word we can plant the seed of failure.

Well, I am not here to try, I am here to do it. It might be a curvy road and there will be rainy days, but I am going to do it. No questions ask, no open backdoor.

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My favorite saying on here so far is "Being overweight/fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard." -- i.e. living as a fat person is very difficult mentally and physically. So is losing weight. If you are going to put in so much work and energy on something hard, make it one that has the potential to make your life better. Putting energy toward being overweight is just as difficult, but has no hope of getting better. At least with losing weight, SOME things will get easier, even if "dieting" or eating less is not one of them.

Put your energy where it counts!
  • TheHappyLoser
    Options
    aylajane wrote: »
    My favorite saying on here so far is "Being overweight/fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard." -- i.e. living as a fat person is very difficult mentally and physically. So is losing weight. If you are going to put in so much work and energy on something hard, make it one that has the potential to make your life better. Putting energy toward being overweight is just as difficult, but has no hope of getting better. At least with losing weight, SOME things will get easier, even if "dieting" or eating less is not one of them.

Put your energy where it counts!

"Choose your hard," I love that. Thank you