Curves or no curves

Options

Replies

• Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    So I'm going to take this to mean the opposite gender or whatever gender you are attracted to, in my case it is men. While I can (and do) totally appreciate the hard core "cut" body type (aka no curves), I am far more attracted to a man with more bulk. NOT FAT, just not skinny. Skinny men = bleh for me.
  • wi_maint_man
    wi_maint_man Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Both kinds, Country & Western !
  • TricksterBreeze
    TricksterBreeze Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm into a pear shape sort of body.

I have an hourglass shape, but every girl I genuinely fancy has had larger hips and a small or average chest.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I got curves and I love me
    My boyfriend's seem to love me too just the way I am lol

I think if a person feels beautiful they will appear to others as beautiful too, it's not a cocky or rude confidence but a true joy from within that stems from the ability to see and appreciate beauty in all things including myself <3
  • jaedizzle01
    jaedizzle01 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on your body frame
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I would not like to lose my curves. I also don't think I have to worry about that at all. My body type has rounded contours even at lower weights. It's all about heredity whether a body has curvy contours or more straight ones. I would not give a preference for any particular body type; a healthy body is beautiful.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Now the men who are looking for a bubbly personality, I am definitely not your girl lol. But that's okay; I'm married. We're goths (duh), with a snarky twisted sense of humor and an enjoyment of science fiction, adventure games, dancing.... but yeah we can be a little morbid and bubbly just isn't available chez nous. :P
  • cqueenbee12
    cqueenbee12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    dizzzigrl wrote: »
    I would definitely rather be curvy. Not online dating kind of curves (where they actually have rolls) but boobs booty and hips kind of curves.

Lol. I am online dating ready then. I got the spring rolls and a little bit more. Guess that's why I'm on MFP.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The curvier the better!
  • FitFlipMartialArtist
    Options
    Women are beautiful period!
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Women are beautiful period!

That's really nice. It's nice to hear that from time to time.
  • anjulajj
    anjulajj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Curves for sure! That just screams sexy.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    mozn4fbuw4xh.jpg
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Honestly though. Curves F.TM.F.W.

Just remember Thick Thighs Save Lives.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Tsartele wrote: »
    A woman is supposed to have an hourglass shape to her. Its what defines a woman and makes her instantly recognizable. Some are more pronounced than others personally I like something proportional, not overly exaggerated and kind of right in the middle. She needs to have feminine hips and a nice set on top.

Have you studied ornithology long?
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    Honestly though. Curves F.TM.F.W.

Just remember Thick Thighs Save Lives.

Lol that's funny. I've never heard that.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Sugar_Pill wrote: »
    Can you be thin and have curves?! Or no?! I thought you could & I was pretty solid in the "that's for sure a female" dept-- but apparently you're either bones, or a woman... Paint me confused.

It can be confusing because people often apply different definitions for certain words. A person can be both thin and curvy, though, depending on meaning and context.

A curvilinear aesthetic, to me, is simply defined by a sloping silhouette between points A and B somewhere along the body; the curvature itself can be due to the amount and distribution of bone, muscle and fat mass about the points of reference. For example, a curvy booty exists because of the arching lines between points A (lower back) and B (top of hamstrings), C (outer hip) and D (tailbone) with a large amount of muscle mass, with some fat, at the middle of each buttock.

A thin person, to me, has small diameter bones with an overall low amount of skeletal surface area relative to length. I will note that having a wide pelvic girdle, alone, does not exclude a person from being considered thinly built when total skeletal surface area is being considered. Additionally, such an individual can be considered thin(ner) if they possess low amounts of fat and/or muscle mass.

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have run into very strong feelings from people by using the word curvy. Because my body type is very small in certain ways, but people would call me curvy because of my shape. In particular I have a very small rib cage and waist, but my hips/booty are 11 inches bigger than my waist and each thigh is just barely smaller than my waist measurement. In fact with just the slightest tug on a corset my waist is exactly the same as my thighs (20 inches), but changes my waist to hip ratio to 14 inches. I am a dancer. So, I recently realized it's better if I say I am shapely (not curvy) because that's descriptive without bringing things to mind that cause strong reactions and opposition and misunderstanding.