Chocolate Obsessed

Options
2»

Replies

• FaatSara
    FaatSara Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am also big on chocolate. I find that getting small chocolates, like Kisses, really helps me. I'll get them at the dollar store so the bag is smaller and just keep a bit on hand. I like the smaller chocolates like that because I can suck on them and make them last longer.

Better chocolates, like frufru organic and whatnot tend to be better as well. Less sugar but still sweet, and a better quality cocoa. If I buy those, I get one bar at a time. If I bought more i'd just eat them all.

I had a chocolate protein shake by Bolthouse Farms yesterday that satisfied that craving and had 30 grams of protein! It was delicious.

As myaminals said, fudge pops are great too. Low calories and super yummy.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Fudge pops, chocolate pudding, smaller sized dark chocolate for the antioxidants, chocolate protein powders. Peanut Butter is also a good substitute. Nut butters or chocolate ones that have more protein in them. Frozen yogurt since it typically has less calories than normal ice cream.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Also Fiber One brownies are good
  • aprilgroom9
    aprilgroom9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to get back to the Fiber one brownies because I can't eat more than one otherwise I will pay for it later and they usually do help with the chocolate craving.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Purchase single servings and have chocolate more often. If you let cravings build up your self control can go out the window. Treat more often and avoid the binge. I have a magnum ice cream bar waiting for me at home for after dinner. I just had ice cream last week, but if I wait too long I end up impulse buying a Ben and Jerry tub and eating it before I even make it home.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I second the dark chocolate suggestion... just one square is very satisfying.

Or you can try chocolate protein powder, or chocolate covered almonds.
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I will melt a dozen chocolate chips with peanut or almond butter and dip apples, celery, strawberries, and or pretzels in it. It feels super indulgent but doesn't leave a big dent in my calories.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    hu7uolzc1scj.jpg
    Ate this for breakfast today :p
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I get hung up on this..
    Katrina342 wrote: »
    I can be having a really good day or even week, eating well and getting lots of exercise. Then usually something happens and I decide I want some chocolate.

For me, the only way I'm having a really good day is if there's always chocolate! What I mean is that I fit it in every day, usually three times a day! My protein bars are chocolate. I add a bit of chocolate milk powder to my protein shakes. I eat some kind of dessert every night, usually a chocolatey one! So what I wonder is how you define "eating well." If it's eating unprocessed whole foods, my method probably wouldn't work for you, but if the idea is to hit certain macros while staying within your calorie goal, it's entirely possible to include chocolate on the regular. I've lost a lot of fat eating this way. Don't get me wrong.. I understand about not being able to moderate certain foods because I've been there. I just think deprivation is often what leads to that difficulty.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a problem with chocolate, and I need your help!

I can be having a really good day or even week, eating well and getting lots of exercise. Then usually something happens and I decide I want some chocolate. The problem is that I don't just eat a bit of chocolate and then continue my healthy week, I eat the whole block until i feel sick.

Does anyone have any advice for me? People have encouraged me to just set a limit and only eat that, which is good advice, but I'm still working on that self control and that doesn't work very often at the moment.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Don't keep it around :)
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a problem with chocolate, and I need your help!

I can be having a really good day or even week, eating well and getting lots of exercise. Then usually something happens and I decide I want some chocolate. The problem is that I don't just eat a bit of chocolate and then continue my healthy week, I eat the whole block until i feel sick.

Does anyone have any advice for me? People have encouraged me to just set a limit and only eat that, which is good advice, but I'm still working on that self control and that doesn't work very often at the moment.

Any help is very much appreciated!

What is the something that happens? Is this a way to cope with stress? I think that you should figure out what is triggering this and find a new way to cope.

Or is this because you are trying so hard to be "good" and then eventually cave?

Also something to consider...http://tazo.com/Product/Detail/32 is super tasty and doesn't have any calories!
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Try a chocolate protein shake ...I use natures bounty and it's pretty delicious has vitamins and probiotics and not many calories compared to other protein shakes or chocolate bars and it helps with the cravings
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    like others have said if i am having a hard time controlling it i dont keep it around. Sometimes i can have that bag of chips.. weigh my portion and be satisfied. Sometimes i cant stop.. those are times i dont keep it around. I can control myself with ease unless its the week before my period. then all hell breaks lose.
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I drink my chocolate. right now I am having a sppoonful of ovaltine in a cup of coffee. the coffee seems to make it seem richer, also hot coco is great you can make your own with coco power and splenda and use your own choice of llowfat milk or non dairy beverage.. the coco powder itself has few calories. its all the fat and sugar in the candy products that are a problem. chocolates origins were a drink used black with chilli .
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I love the taste of dark chocolate. That is why I eat one of these every afternoon. :)

7c7rfdy9a2l4.jpeg
  • jenaijen
    jenaijen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way, so for me it starts with resisting the urge to buy it in the first place. Even if I buy single servings, if I have them in the house it is too easy to eat way too many at once. Then I also satisfy my chocolate-tooth with this super yum all plant-based shake mix. I even add avocado to it in the blender sometimes, and it turns into a healthy chocolate pudding/mousse.