How Do You Make Your Oats Taste Better?

Options
13»

Replies

• gettingreallyfedupnow
    gettingreallyfedupnow Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like it made with hazelnut milk, with dried fruit stirred in. Or a bit of cocoa powder to make it a bit Nutella-ish.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Dinner oats = diced avocado, crunchy spicy seaweed, and a fried egg on top. INSANELY delicious.

I have to try this.
  • jonthemusse
    jonthemusse Posts: 106 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Only way to eat your oats is raw with whole milk and a shitload of sugar, measured in bowls. I have to buy multigrain porridge mix because of this looming risk. The rye is _nearly_ impossible to eat raw.

Mixed dry with nut butter; raw in a smoothie, cooked; dollop of butter, any cultured dairy, berries. Switch to barley, rye, what have you.
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Dinner oats = diced avocado, crunchy spicy seaweed, and a fried egg on top. INSANELY delicious.

I have to try this.

:)

I ask him to make it all the time. Here's a photo for reference, hahah:

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I like it made with hazelnut milk, with dried fruit stirred in. Or a bit of cocoa powder to make it a bit Nutella-ish.

Oh I wish I could find hazelnut milk. I mostly use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I mix in a scoop of choc peanut butter protein powder. Make them with milk, not water!

Oooh, me too! Do you use the MyProtein powder too? I also add chia and flax seeds - can't beat 9g of fibre for a 25g serving!
  • ScreeField
    ScreeField Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    2 more ideas:

oatmeal cookies
    granola
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Stewed pears or honey
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There are like a million istnedl recipes on the web!! What flavors do you like? Add that. I add cinnamon, nutmeg, cardomom, walnuts, crasins. Sometimes I cookas banana with the oats, sometimes slice on top afterwards. Often add berries too.