So frustrated with myself

2»

Replies

• incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    This is OP. I just want everyone to know I did get through the day thanks to your help.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    i had dreams about donuts all night long. i kept waking up and thinking i should go to the 24-hour donut shop down the road. i wanted them so bad, my mouth was watering. i didn't give-in!

stay strong!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    i had dreams about donuts all night long. i kept waking up and thinking i should go to the 24-hour donut shop down the road. i wanted them so bad, my mouth was watering. i didn't give-in!

stay strong!

I'm thin and happy, haven't ever been fat, and don't generally feel too restricted or anything and still I dream about food, pretty often. In the past few months I have woken up, drowsy drowsy, and looked at my guy and said "Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, I was dreaming about waffles with strawberries" and also "Chicken in mole sauce..." He probably thinks I am desperately hungry or something, I'm not. I just dream about food.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Someone saying "I'm fine on my plan for 3 days, and then I get urges to eat unplanned food" leads me to believe your overall daily goal is simply too low for your hormones/body. You deserve to not suffer. But if you're simply eating too little overall, your brain WILL tell you stronger and stronger messages to eat.

If this is the case, maybe raise your daily goal by 100-150 calories or so. Especially if you're currently at 1200. There is a good likelihood that this can decrease the miserable feelings. Honest, you don't have to feel miserable to lose weight. You never have to feel hungry.

There's not a lot of info on your profile, but if you're not 5'1" or shorter, then you can probably eat more than 1200 per day and still lose weight. As a young woman of 20, it's important that you don't put your hormones out of whack by not getting the nutrition you need.

+1

OP, what's your eating plan? Are you wanting to eat specific things? It could be you're not eating enough to keep yourself not-hungry or what your eating isn't keeping you satisfied. I know I don't do well with low carb or high protein.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    robininfl wrote: »

stay strong!

I'm thin and happy, haven't ever been fat, and don't generally feel too restricted or anything and still I dream about food, pretty often. In the past few months I have woken up, drowsy drowsy, and looked at my guy and said "Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, I was dreaming about waffles with strawberries" and also "Chicken in mole sauce..." He probably thinks I am desperately hungry or something, I'm not. I just dream about food.

i don't think i have ever had a dream about food that was as vivid as my donuts last night. LOL
    good thing, too, because i would likely give-in if i kept thinking about it too long!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    Can you go for a brisk walk and then have a cookie? If you have time then you can always earn a treat.

I agree with others re negative self talk, I suffer from this myself and it's a big contributor to bad eating - you make yourself feel awful and then seek out something to ease the pain.