Question for people who lost weight already

Options
Were there days during your journey that you went over your calories? Or was it rather the will power not to give up and keep trying that you lost weight?

Replies

• kackdog
    kackdog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    During the summer I usually go over once a week on boy's night. I just make it up the next couple of days Actually when I did this I lost more weight because I was eating (or drinking) my cals back. I think bending is fine just don't let yourself break.
  • PradaGx
    PradaGx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I go over my calorie at least once a week lol. Don't let that pull you down! Just keep at it and the weight will drop. As long as you eat clean the majority of the week, its nearly impossible to gain weight from one cheat day.
  • taranadams
    taranadams Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i don't like dieting so counting calories has been a challenge for me. i want to lose the weight, and before i had kids i was just thin. i could eat whatever..age and children changed that and this helps. HOWEVER i do indulge in what i call my CHEAT days. i take 1 day a week and eat what i want, within reason. no counting calories and no real exercise. but that i do so that i dont burn out. this is hard, but it works. Hope this helps.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I went completely by the book and stuck with a strict 1200 calories a day until I knew that I could indulge and not keep eating too much after that or binge out.(there are still foods that I avoid which I call trigger foods-like Ritz Crackers or Brownies...that never ends well)

After a while I started adding in a "cheat meal" once a week where we go out to eat and I am ok with going over for that day because I exercise ALOT and will even out in the end. I go by a weekly total rather than daily to keep myself in check. A surplus at the end of the week or not going over is ideal in the world of maintaining and it lets me live a normal life and not be so calorie strict all the time.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    yes there were days I went over my calories.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I go over my calorie at least once a week lol. Don't let that pull you down! Just keep at it and the weight will drop. As long as you eat clean the majority of the week, its nearly impossible to gain weight from one cheat day.

same here ! however by eating clean for me this means not going over on cals etc. I do have the odd can of coke, gingerbread man etc
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every Saturday. Sometimes Sunday too lol. But I try to keep my weekly goal in check so it evens out.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    There will be many days that you exceed your calorie goal. Don't worry about it. Just start the next day and try again. When you relax it's pretty easy to lose the weight. But people that get very upset about going over on calories tend to get frustrated and quit.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Were there days during your journey that you went over your calories? Or was it rather the will power not to give up and keep trying that you lost weight?

There are definitely days I go over my calories. Weight less is ultimately about the long term lifestyle change that you make. Going over daily calories happens.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I go over my net goal, several times a week sometimes. Some days I even go over maintenance.:bigsmile: I'm sure my diary is pretty scary looking. :laugh: I still have a ways to go, but so far it hasn't stopped my weight loss.:drinker:
  • jarednuzzi
    jarednuzzi Posts: 18
    Options
    I was at first and once or twice a week and found my weight loss to be inconsistent. The last month or so I've only gone over 1 day and have been losing weight steadily. I'm not sure it works the same for any two people but s far I think I've experienced more success by staying under every day then having an off day or two a week. Best of luck to you.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was pretty intense in the beginning and rarely went over. I went over today. Not going to end my life :)
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Don't be hard on yourself for bad days or weeks, but get back and it and don't give up. Patience works.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Once in a while, but usually if I knew it was going to be a high calorie day I would make sure to earn those calories by getting in some exercise and burning the calories I thought I would be needing to "bank"
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I go over my net calories 1-2 times per week, but never hit maintenance. I just shrug it off. It's part of life. There will always be a night out with the girls or vacation or date night, so I just log it and move on. Hasn't slowed/stopped my loss yet. Point is, don't quit.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    It happens from time to time. Hasn't been the end of the world yet. :flowerforyou:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    For special occasions like my birthday and Mothers' Day, heck yeah I go over, and sometimes by quite a bit. Most of the time I am right about at my calorie goal (which includes exercise calories). I don't think of this as a diet. Logging my calories is a lifestyle change that allows me to keep my eating and exercise in line with where I want them to be, in general.
  • marcimlarson
    Options
    my experience is severely under calorie. i dont have cravings. all i want is to know im not gaining, and nothing else matters.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I haven't been under my calories for a month now. I have also not lost any weight in that month (gee, what a surprise!). I needed that month of looseness to deal with some turmoil in my life and to take a break from being so strict. I didn't freak out about it, and now I am back on track and ready to lose again. Going over is no issue at all unless you allow yourself to become so distraught over it you quit completely.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    plenty. Average intake over the week is what I rely on.