Today's Goal - Less Salt

Options
lbride
lbride Posts: 248 Member
I know salt is not evil - but I want to see the scale budge down to a specific number and need to eliminate some of the water weight to do that. Problem is - I eat frozen meals and ketchup (a lot) daily. Any one else on a mission to reduce sodium intake? Probably should buy some low sodium ketchup (does such a thing exist?).

Replies

• lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I buy Heinz no salt added ketchup. There's only 15mg of sodium per tablespoon.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Try eating actual food rather than prepared salty meals ?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    To cut down my sodium, I had to go back to making my own condiments. That was just about 90% of my sodium intake.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Try cutting down on the frozen meals maybe a couple of times a week firstly and cook some meals yourself so you have control of salt. I used to eat a lot of frozen meals till I realised that was more than half my daily sodium intake of the day. Or keep track of everything else you eat to see where you're getting sodium from and cut down on that or make changes with that so you can still have your frozen meals and ketchup.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, you eat a lot of deli meats, bacon and pre prepared foods that all contain a lot of salt. If you are serious about wanting to reduce your salt intake you need to take a look at those foods and try replacing them with something else.