2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    dice80 wrote: »
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Wait, I'm confused. What does the rest of your family have to do with whether you log? Is it because other people make food for you and won't let you weigh the ingredients?

It has nothing to do with whether or not I log. It's just hard when your trigger foods are being brought into the house because other people buy them and bringing them in. I guess I need to work on my will power. I did great with it in the beginning but I have been having a harder time with it lately.

I hear you about that, it was easy at first to say no but after losing 80 pounds it gets hard sometimes.

Unfortunately you just have to learn to deal with it, because there will always be tasty foods around. For the false 'hunger', you can have smaller meals every 2-3 hours instead of bigger meals. Or have a cup of tea or coffee instead. I'm still struggling with it too!
  • dice80
    dice80 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    dice80 wrote: »
    The best tip I've gotten so far, is to eat till about 60% fullness. At that point, put down the fork, walk away and STOP EATING. It will be uncomfortable at first, but change doesn't come from being comfortable.

I am having a hard time knowing what is and isn't hunger.

That's why I suggested "the hunger scale".
    Hungerscale.jpg

And of course this:
    hunger-scale.png
    and this
    thehungerscale-Gdr7Svag24wmjcf33AZBen.jpg
    yes, you did, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to look at it at first but will now. Thank you so much
  • sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss, that is fantastic!! Definitely get back to logging. Prelogging the entire day helps me see where I can make room for treats while still hitting my calorie and macro goals- eating enough protein helps with my cravings.

What I do is carry an apple around with me every day. When I start getting the munchies, I tell myself I can eat the apple. If I am truly hungry, I'll eat the apple, but if I do not want the apple, I know it's just my appetite talking.