Substitute for the unavailable Les Mills Pump?

Options
Can someone suggest a program or workouts that use the same principles as Les Mills Pump? Beachbody discontinued selling this. Thanks.

Replies

• Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Bump. Anyone?
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Could prolly find a copy on ebay craigslist amazon or a goodwill type place
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sold mine on eBay just last month.
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Ebay will have some occasionally. Amazon had something called XFit I think that looked similar.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I thought you could stream it now on his own website? (For a monthly fee)
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Not an exact parallel by any means, but you could try barbell complexes. Complexes are a sequence of lifts that segue into one another smoothly so that, like in pump, you move from one lift to another without stopping. You also use a conservatively low weight because you have to be able to, for example, both upright row and press a weight that you'd also be using for a hang clean and a bent-over row. It's quick paced, like pump, and there are many, many sequences of complexes out there, so you can mix up the variety. I try to do barbell complexes a few times a week on my cardio days; they're far more interesting than, say, the treadmill, and you get a lot of bang for your buck, time-wise.

Barbell complexes were originally developed by Istvan Javorek, and you can find some sample complexes on his website: http://www.istvanjavorek.com/sample-exercises/

Or read more about it here: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lift-to-burn-4-barbell-complexes-scorch-fat-increase-strength.html

But put on some good, pumping music (no pun intended) and slam out 15 to 30 minutes of complexes, and you'll feel it! It's a shorter, but more intense workout than pump, but the great thing about complexes is that there is infinite variety out there (just try google and you'll see) and you can tailor them to suit your goals and tastes, and can always tack on some ab work, too, if you want some additional variety.
  • jaxnjosh
    jaxnjosh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Look on youtube. There are a ton of body pump workouts on there for free
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the info. I'm not willing to pay the prices currently being asked n the auction sites, but I will definitely look into the barbell complex thing. Since I have bowflex dumbbells, it would be even better if I can adapt the exercises to that, since it's a lot easier to switch weights compared to barbells. I will also search YouTube for routines and check out xFit, too. I am finishing up Les Mills Combat, and it's time to switch to a program with more resistance training.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    jaxnjosh wrote: »
    Look on youtube. There are a ton of body pump workouts on there for free

I was going to say the same thing. There are a ton of Body Pump classes on Youtube. I do them at home sometimes.