2»

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Avoid complacency.

This. And entitlement ("I deserve a hamburger and french fries...")

Nicely stated - the whole "food as a reward" thing is a bit dysfunctional - using food to reward or withholding it to punish yourself is a bad practice. Food is primarily fuel, balance nutrition and taste.

• 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I don't completely avoid it, but I find that the less I eat out at restaurants, the easier it is to keep my calorie goals for the day.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Gluttony.

And in the other direction, over-restriction and stress fasting.

So I try to maintain moderation in eating, and avoid overeating or undereating.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have been avoiding most pre-packaged foods and such that when I DO consume something of that ilk, I get bloating and surprisingly a feeling of anxiety, sort of a feeling that my skin is not quite mine. It is hard to describe. I was at a party the other day and my friend said the cupcakes were homemade so I decided to try one (I don't shy away from baked goods as long as they are actually homemade, organic ingredients all the better). After finishing half the cupcake, I started getting that anxious feeling so I threw away the rest of it. In the garbage can was an empty cake mix box! My friend "doctored" the mix to make it more homemade. It was just not good!

I used to love flaming hot cheetos and munchos chips ... nope, I just cannot do it anymore. jello? nope ... I could go on. I cook about 90% of my meals and I do a LOT of baking with organic eggs, flour and real fats like butter, olive oil and coconut oil. It is weird that the longer you eat more whole foods without added preservatives and other things, the less your body will be able to tolerate it.
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    Avoid complacency.

Nicely stated - the whole "food as a reward" thing is a bit dysfunctional - using food to reward or withholding it to punish yourself is a bad practice. Food is primarily fuel, balance nutrition and taste.

This is perfect - I need to have it tattooed on my brain. Food is primarily fuel, and within that main goal, balance nutrition and taste. That's it in a nutshell.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    Avoid complacency.

Exactly! Eat to live and NOT live to eat.