Quarter Life Crisis & Needing some Support

Options
Hey everyone! I just joined MFP thanks to my sister, who inadvertently showed it to me while I was in her room. I used to be really active in high school -- year-round, I participated in Color Guard and Winter Guard, two extracurriculars that were quite intense at my school. Once I moved to college, though, I became more sedentary and, while I didn't quite gain the Freshman 15, I'm definitely close -- or at least I feel like it.

Getting ready to turn 20 has me in a bit of a funk, what I call my "quarter life crisis." I really feel like I need and want to improve my health AND my body as I enter my 20s. I'm hoping to find some members of MFP to keep me motivated who I can, in return, help support. Not to mention share some tips and success stories!

All of you are so inspirational; congratulations! I'm thrilled that I found MFP and I hope to get to know some of you :)

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say welcome! and congrats on trying to take care of yourself so young. I'm a little older than you - 26, and wishing I'd started taking my weight/health seriously when I was your age (or younger!). You're trying to get into shape for your 20s, and I'm hoping I can get in shape and feel really good going into my 30s... :laugh:

This is a great tool, and lots of great people on this site. If you figure out what works for you and stick to it, you'll be at your goal in no time.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on taking charge of your healthy future! This is a great place that will help you stay focused. Friend request me if you like, I'll cheer you on :))
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Options
    Thank you both so much!
  • TheBestMe
    TheBestMe Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm with Accountant_Boi. I kind of sort of once in a while thought about my health in my early 20's but I was kind of a rebel. I smoked :smokin: and went out to the bar scene probably twice maybe three times a week:drinker: . It wasn't until I decided to settle down with my now fiance that I decided to start taking better care of myself. :smile:

I don't smoke anymore, I eat way healthier and with MFP and before I've lost about 25 lbs. I'm 26 now and hoping that the rest of my 20's and the rest of my life will be filled with a healthy eating plan and a healthy body.

Good Luck. Once you start being healthy it's hard to stop because your body will HATE you when you are mean to it...haha :laugh:
  • Lindsey1115
    Options
    Good for you! I'm 25 and gained the majority of my weight right after high school. Similar story to yours, active in high school, etc. I regret that I spent my 21st and early 20's (which are supposed to be some of your greatest years) overweight and unhappy. The fact that you are making the effort to change that now is amazing. You can do it!