A delicious vegan ice cream?

Options
I have been a vegetarian for 11 years. For many reasons but the main reason is because of the horrific animal abuse and inhumane treatment of animals. I'm also now seriously considering going vegan because of the horrific practices of the dairy industry. Can anyone recommend an awesome vegan ice cream? Thank you. Plus an added bonus. When I went vegetarian all of my blood values became perfect.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's has four flavors that are free of animal products. The one I have tried (Coffee Caramel) is awesome. I also love the So Delicious Cashew ice cream -- every flavor I have tried has been incredible.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Booja Booja do a fantastic ice-cream range

http://www.boojabooja.com/ice-cream/
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So delicious cashew ice cream is amazing! My husband who isn't an ice cream person has been known to finish off an entire pint of that stuff! I love the snickerdoodle flavor.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's has four flavors that are free of animal products. The one I have tried (Coffee Caramel) is awesome. I also love the So Delicious Cashew ice cream -- every flavor I have tried has been incredible.

I had the P.B. & Cookies... it was pretty darn good... and I totally didn't eat the whole thing at one time. B) (I'm lying... I totally did)

I'm also a big fan of So Delicious brand products as well.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I had the P.B. & Cookies... it was pretty darn good... and I totally didn't eat the whole thing at one time. B) (I'm lying... I totally did)

I'm also a big fan of So Delicious brand products as well.

I want to try the P.B. and Cookies, but I figure I will do the same thing so I am putting off buying it!
  • chookywillow
    chookywillow Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Swedish glace are lovely. inexpensive too.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I just didn't log it... that means it didn't happen... right? :#
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I wish MFP would allow us to copy. I will write your suggestions down. Thanks !
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    Correction. Actually I can copy
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    http://nadamoo.com/

If this is available in your area, this stuff is super tasty.

I really wanna try the Ben and Jerry flavors. :disappointed:
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    So Delicious cashew milk is the best non-dairy ice cream I've had. Skip their almond milk line. My favourite is, by far, the chocolate cookies and cream. The chocolate truffle is also very good, nice and chocolatey. I wasn't a big fan of the salted caramel cluster. Those are the only flavours I've tried, since I can only get it if I make a special trip.
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    I just called our local Main Street market. They have the so delicious cashew chocolate cookies and cream $7.50 a pint I hope it's amazing! Definitely will check out the others the beauty of MFP so much information! Thank you !
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just called our local Main Street market. They have the so delicious cashew chocolate cookies and cream $7.50 a pint I hope it's amazing! Definitely will check out the others the beauty of MFP so much information! Thank you !

Yikes, that's expensive! So Delicious has a store locator on their site and you can search for a specific product. You may be able to find it cheaper at another store. The most expensive I've seen it was $6.50 at Whole Foods, but I can get it for $5 at Kroger (or maybe it's $5.50? Can't recall.)
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    Actually thank you. Very expensive. I am not going to pay 7.50 for 1 pint I will look elsewhere.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Oh my I just had the so delicious salted Carmel ice cream. Yummy stuff
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    Actually just found it the so delicious is available at our Walmart. Much less than our health food store is charging at 7:50 a pint! Thanks everyone.
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    Sounds delicious !
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    So Delicious cashew milk is the best non-dairy ice cream I've had. Skip their almond milk line. My favourite is, by far, the chocolate cookies and cream. The chocolate truffle is also very good, nice and chocolatey. I wasn't a big fan of the salted caramel cluster. Those are the only flavours I've tried, since I can only get it if I make a special trip.

yes, cashew milk ice cream is the best!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    You can make ice cream at home with coconut milk if you have an ice cream maker. I like it with cream too, but it's very possible to do it without. It doesn't actually work in a pan, as she has here (we tried) but works great in an ice cream mixer.

minimalistbaker.com/vanilla-bean-coconut-ice-cream/

Also frozen bananas into the blender with a splash of some sort of milk isn't half bad, a little honey and lime helps.

Avocado makes a nice ice cream, texture wise, but I couldn't quite appreciate the taste, it is sort of cucumber-melon-ish, very refreshing but I am so used to avocado as a savory item it didn't work for me personally.

Disclaimer, I am *not* vegan, nor into low fat, but we like food and cooking :)
  • bellabonbons
    Options
    Sounds delicious!!!