Options
2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    mathiseasy wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I think your question is getting over looked... there are lots of ways to increase your metabolism (most are not permanent) that can be incorporated into you journey day by day.

You can exercise/walk/lift/run for a metabolic boost (long walks can have a 2 days effect on your metabolism)

You can add in spices keyan/Red chilli/various peppers

There a foods that boost - pineapple/watetmellon/jalapeño

There are supplements that can be added naturally -
    Caffeine (I like it from green tea)

These will only aid you if you are in a calorie deficit. Log accurately and keep up the hard work.

No on this. There are no magic foods or spices that will do much of anything. Foods all contain certain antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and these are all things you get from diet. But metabolism jump starters or metabolism boosting no.

Caffeine is a stimulant and in a very short term can boost the metabolic rate and increase fat burning, very short lived. Do not take caffeine at the advice of anyone other than your doctor or that you have used caffeine in the past .

Ok, here is and it was mentioned earlier, you can perm increase metabolism by putting on lean mass! And to add icing to the cake, keep eating. When you do not eat enough, your metabolism slows down. So eat the calories MFP gave you to loose weight and net these calories every single day.

They foods you eat can have a huge impact on your metabolism plain and simple

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/10_metabolism_foods.htm

I am pretty sure that the capsaicin in spicy food raises the body temperature, not metabolism, right?
    Am I reading this study right? I was reading points 3 (Results) and 4 (Discussion). Somebody halp. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3022968/

Thank you for this. I'm off to read.