Sometimes the grass seems greener on the other side

Options
I posted something like this on my news feed, and now the news feed is down. Maybe that is fate telling me to open up this conversation.

First, let me say that I am so proud of all my friends and family who are trying to live healthier lifestyles. From the ones who are giving up junk food, to the ones who are dedicating hours to exercise everyday. It's great, and no matter how I feel about myself every time I see them or read their posts I get a huge smile!

However, sometimes the grass does seem greener on the other side of the weight-loss fence. When you've been working hard for weeks, and then compare yourself to someone else. It's not just a situation of "We both run 2 miles a day and have cut soda. Why is she loosing more than me?" It's the jealousy over the opportunity that other people have to help them in their weight loss journey.

When you have a workout routine at home, and walk every day because you can't go to the gym, or when you walk a mile every morning for cardio, because you can't go to Zumba. (No money, no time...) When you fix meals for your family and watch your portions, but can't afford to cook special portions or sides for one person. Or, the fact that you watch your friends who are taking any one of the many weight loss products out there (Xyngular, Skinny Fiber, etc) shed pounds, and you can't share that feeling.

I'm happy for people who have these opportunities, and I respect that for some these are a priority in life. I get it! It's cool. For me, it's when I see and hear about people making incredible gains (18 pounds lost or down 2 dress sizes in a month), and I realize that at most my pants are a little looser and I can't physically hold my head straighter (improved posture thanks to push ups). It just makes me wish I could be in their shoes, and see those results....when I compare myself I wonder what the point is...

I'm not angry and if you are doing any of these things Good For You! I'm glad you have the opportunity and I wish you all the luck in the world. I mean it! Right now, I can't. Someday maybe, but right now it just isn't in the picture for me. I am content, usually with what I CAN do.

Still, is there anyone else out there like me? I've been working hard for 6 weeks. I've finagled my budget and my schedule as far as I can to help me reach my goal. I feel successful, until I see everyone else. Then I look at my side of the weight-loss fence and wonder why I even bother trying.