Ideas for high protein/carb, low fat desserts?

Options
VividVegan
VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
edited May 2016 in Recipes
I eat high carb, high protein, and low fat. I need ideas for a homemade dessert that's high in protein and/or carbs while low in fat. And I mean a dessert that requires ingredients, cooking/creating, etc. As opposed to just something basic like low fat yogurt. Any ideas?
Ps- if you're wondering why I eat this way, we'll it's because that's what I function best on. I've tried different macros such as low carb, keto, equal macros, etc. But high carb, high protein, low fat is what works best for me, especially with my HIIT exercises and resistance training, along with my energy, weight/fat loss, mood, etc. Any dessert suggestions?

Replies

• eileenmcpartlin
    eileenmcpartlin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like quark mixed with Options hot chocolate powder served with defrosted cherries. No cooking involved but it is lovely.

Even though it's a breakfast dish, overnight oats is also yummy: raw oats mixed with skimmed milk/yogurt and mashed banana and grated apple, possibly with some raisins too and some cinnamon and ginger.

Chia pudding is great: chia seeds mixed with skimmed milk, cocoa powder and sweetener. Serve with sliced banana or defrosted cherries. Or mix your chia seeds with Alpro Coconut and serve on top of pureed mango mixed with a little ground ginger.

Hope that helps a bit