Anyone got the link to that video...?

The one where the guy compares two tables of food that look the same but then shows there's a massive difference in the calories of each? I tried searching on here, Google and YouTube but can't seem to get to it.
Thanks!

Replies

• VelociFit
    VelociFit Posts: 32 Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't know if this is the one you mean, but it's definitely the one that blew MY mind, lol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    You can tell straight away that one side has been weighed and the other hasn't.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    oh gosh haha XD such a big difference in calories but you can tell theres alot of additional stuff like the salad dressing and almonds right away
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Wow! I am going to weigh everything. It is hard to believe that the one on the left is 3000 calories. I would have thought it would be much less!
  • DebSozo
    edited May 2016
    I have been measuring instead of weighing. Now I'm going to find out what my portions really weigh. This should be interesting.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I like this video but I don't understand why everything is wrapped.
  • DebSozo

I guess he wanted us to see it in clear snack ziplock baggies and clear containers rather than bowls?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited May 2016
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    oh gosh haha XD such a big difference in calories but you can tell theres alot of additional stuff like the salad dressing and almonds right away

Of course you can tell right away, because they are side by side for a clear comparison. Now remove the accurately weighed meal and see if you could predict the guesstimated meal to be nearly 3000 calories. Like he demonstrates, a "handful of nuts" or an "eyeballed tablespoon of dressing" can be anything really without an accurate way to measure or something to compare to.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    DebSozo wrote: »

I guess he wanted us to see it in clear snack ziplock baggies and clear containers rather than bowls?

My initial assumption was a meal-prep scenario, or packing for a day on the road / at work lol
  • DebSozo
    Phrick wrote: »
    DebSozo wrote: »

My initial assumption was a meal-prep scenario, or packing for a day on the road / at work lol

Lol. Some people really do this ahead of time and prep several days ahead. My husband does this for his lunches at work.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Thank you @practicemakes that's exactly the one. I wanted to share it with the OP of another thread but just could not find it. I think it's really helpful to explain to ppl who say 'help, I'm not losing' the importance of weighing everything.