body-mods

Options
pichiPurinsesu
pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
not just tattoos but piercings, scarification, branding, implants etc... what's everyones' views on it? do you have any?

Just wondering this because of the conversation that started in the 'tattoo' thread.

Replies

• williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos and piercings on women but don't have any myself
    Granted it's not a requirement but it's not a turn off by any means
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    not just tattoos but piercings, scarification, branding, implants etc... what's everyones' views on it? do you have any?

Just wondering this because of the conversation that started in the 'tattoo' thread.

If you can pull it off, go for it. I hate how worked up some people get over implants. I figure if it makes that person happy who am I to judge? But I wouldn't want to kiss someone with a split tongue, just too gross looking for my personal taste
  • pichiPurinsesu
    Options
    some things i don't think i could go through with (like eyeball tattoos- ouch!) but there are so many alternative woman (and men!) out there that really pull off the look
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have a few small tattoos, my ears are pierced, and my scars are from life. A friend of mine has a huge scarification on his back, it's beautiful. He also has implants in his *kitten*, said he wanted to be "ribbed for her pleasure". I'm all for doing what makes you happy. There is a woman nearby who has a ton of piercings on her face, I find myself staring because I want to see all of them.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    It's personal choice. Has no bearing on whether I am attracted to someone. If a woman is comfortable and confident, that's sexy.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I loved my piercings. I had to take them all out to have surgery, and the swelling of my face post recovery meant my nose piercing couldn't go back in for several weeks. Like 8 I think. And by then my whole face was different and I felt okay with not having it. Same with my ear cartilage. I had two in the outer part of each ear and my tragus done on each ear. The tragus' I did want to take out, couldn't manage to use ear buds painlessly. I guess I just didn't feel as attached to them after my surgery. The ones that stayed were my nipple piercings, by far my favorite. Those went back in the second I got home.
  • Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have a very conservative view on this. I don't really like tats on women in general and if they do have them I like them small, personal and hidden. Piercings seem rather immature to me but its your preference and if you have them I would prefer to keep them traditional and hidden. Scarification, branding crosses a line into mortification of the body which I believe is evil in nature.. You do what you want its your body but this is only my opinion..
  • pichiPurinsesu
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    I loved my piercings. I had to take them all out to have surgery, and the swelling of my face post recovery meant my nose piercing couldn't go back in for several weeks. Like 8 I think. And by then my whole face was different and I felt okay with not having it. Same with my ear cartilage. I had two in the outer part of each ear and my tragus done on each ear. The tragus' I did want to take out, couldn't manage to use ear buds painlessly. I guess I just didn't feel as attached to them after my surgery. The ones that stayed were my nipple piercings, by far my favorite. Those went back in the second I got home.

i look so bare without mine! i have to admit i'm really attached to mine :blush:

my fav is either my septum or my VCH :blush: but i have so many more i'd love to get. (ear pointing, double nostril, clavicle dermals)
  • cjb3001
    cjb3001 Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    No way near as many as I used to have but still wearing 12 piercings and looking forward to adding to my big wildcat thigh piece and in a few weeks. I think the posters saying if it makes people feel confident then that's sexy and I definitely agree with that. My septum piercing, despite generally having a less than stellar rep makes me feel super pretty and beautiful art all over my thigh makes me feel more comfortable with them and my husband sure agrees :)
    Absolutely love a lot of the more extreme stuff but most of it's not for me, just fun to look at!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    Options
    only thing with the septum i dislike is when it sits squint when you take a good photo :lol:
  • cjb3001
    Options
    only thing with the septum i dislike is when it sits squint when you take a good photo :lol:

...please don't look at my profile picture too closely :p:p

I'm not a big fan of the horseshoe for me as I have studs in both nostrils but it needs to be flipped for work and changing it every day would be annoying. But definitely, a wonky septum equals a wonky face!
  • pichiPurinsesu
    edited May 2016
    Options
    cjb3001 wrote: »

...please don't look at my profile picture too closely :p:p

I'm not a big fan of the horseshoe for me as I have studs in both nostrils but it needs to be flipped for work and changing it every day would be annoying. But definitely, a wonky septum equals a wonky face!

my next 'treat' to me is double nostrils when i loose 20lb :lol: would love some thigh pieces too. Some cameo's would be sweet
  • cjb3001
    Options
    Nice treat! It's good to set fun goals :)

This is my thigh. Going to get him some buddies soon! http://www.real-art.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/566ff8782a05e.jpg
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    In the 80, when bodmod/BME culture was a bit younger - I did a bunch of materials tests for guys doing implants, screws, subdermals (I'm a biomed engineer). A lot of the early stuff was ... dubious.

A lot of the dermal/transdermals are still an invitation to infection. Be careful.

I'm fascinated by some of the suspension work done in the same circles.

• pichiPurinsesu
    Options
    ooo nice, like the blues
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »

i look so bare without mine! i have to admit i'm really attached to mine :blush:

my fav is either my septum or my VCH :blush: but i have so many more i'd love to get. (ear pointing, double nostril, clavicle dermals)

The septum is one I think I would look cute with once I'm done losing, but I don't think I'd much like it with my chubby face. I didn't end up liking the one sided look, ya know? In the middle would please me. So perhaps septum or a Medusa, but only once I'm done losing perhaps as a reward.

My thigh tattoo will likely be before I'm at goal, I just can't wait. I have so many scars, I just want them covered so I can enjoy wearing a bathing suit again.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    Options
    In the 80, when bodmod/BME culture was a bit younger - I did a bunch of materials tests for guys doing implants, screws, subdermals (I'm a biomed engineer). A lot of the early stuff was ... dubious.

A lot of the dermal/transdermals are still an invitation to infection. Be careful.

I'm fascinated by some of the suspension work done in the same circles.

i know a few people who have done suspensions; one back and another done knees *shudder* i don't think i could do one personally but i would love to see how it feels.

dermals yeah, the risks of them getting ripped out or what not put me off too. would rather just get a surface bar and risk migration
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    If people like having those body modifications, then yay for them. It's none of my business. I don't not befriend people because of their body modifications.
    On my own body and in the world of dating, however, I only like those things like I like my food: in moderation. I'm not attracted to a body with too many tattoos, piercings, scarification, branding, etc. Implants are the exception. I don't care how much a person has as long as I don't notice it visually.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Brand on right arm