calorie issue

Options
Do you think I'm eating too many calories or not enough? I lift and do cardio 3 days a week (both in one day). I walk my dog everyday for about 30 minutes, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, other than that I don't do much. I am 5'5" 174 lbs female thanks!

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight at the planned rate?
  • shmem_96
    shmem_96 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight at the planned rate?

Kind of...it doesn't go down much but I think that is because of my weight training
  • CurlyCockney
    Options
    If you're reaching your target loss, and your target loss is appropriate, you're eating the right amount of calories. I'd average it over 6 weeks or so, to account for fluctuations.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that the days you only logged 800-900 calories you just forgot to put some food in your diary.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Whenever I hear this question, and we hear it a lot, I suspect the person is restricting too much, even though they may not realize it. I have not seen your diary (please, somebody tell me how!), but look at your goals and your calories, honestly.
  • shmem_96
    shmem_96 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Please tell me that the days you only logged 800-900 calories you just forgot to put some food in your diary.

Yes I forget sometimes!!

• CurlyCockney
    Options
    I'm not seeing cause for suspicion of over restriction? OP hasn't said she's losing too much too fast, in fact she said her weight isn't going down much.

OP logging accurately will give you more data, but if you're losing weight at the rate you set up on MFP, you're doing it right.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    What do you have MFP set for you to lose? I'm guessing probably 1 lb/wk, based on your calorie goal (1440). Thats probably about right. I'm 5'6", 163, and MFP usually puts me somewhere around 1340 calories for 1 lb/wk right now if I set it to sedentary. The other thing to keep in mind is that you get to eat back at least 50% of exercise calories, too.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Someone said that she is eating 1,200 a day. I'm basically the same height and close to her weight. If she's eating 1,200 a day, she doesn't need to be unless, for some reason, she cannot lose weight, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  • CurlyCockney
    Options
    Someone said that she is eating 1,200 a day. I'm basically the same height and close to her weight. If she's eating 1,200 a day, she doesn't need to be unless, for some reason, she cannot lose weight, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Her goal without exercise is 1450. Sometimes she's over (because she's eating her exercise calories) and sometimes she's under (because she's not logging everything).
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    shmem_96 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

Yes I forget sometimes!!
    Lol okay-good
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Whenever I hear this question, and we hear it a lot, I suspect the person is restricting too much, even though they may not realize it. I have not seen your diary (please, somebody tell me how!), but look at your goals and your calories, honestly.

Are you trying to view it from a phone, or from the web?
    On my phone, I just click on her name, then when the next screen pops up, click on her name again, and the 'View Diary' button is available there.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Its hard to tell, but I see that entries are not weighed. If they are weighed it is a bit different to see someone log everything in ounces and things were like .5 servings or .333 of this and that. But like one thing that was grams was a banana medium was 156 grams and she put it as 156 grams (highly unlikely).

With that said, I go under calories from time to time. It might just be a day I had out and no access to food. So the two days I saw was not a big deal for me to accuse OP for under eating.

I would need to run her stats, but it looks like she is doing ok, but I predict the logging is an issue and she may be eating a bit more causing slower to no weight loss when she should be loosing also how are the exercise calories determined?

Both logging food and exercise calories burns (how are they calculated) are my questions?