Motivation and Support (Food Addiction)

Options
As an overweight woman and an over eater I have the hardest time controlling my intake of food. I lost 10 pounds with this app last year when I actually stuck with it for about 2 months. I thought today would be the day I actually took a stand for myself and get this weight off, so I downloaded the app again. I don't know about you guys but at first I do really well but then snowball downward to my old habits. I think if I actually had some support and others who understood my struggle I would do better with my weight loss. My food addiction started when I got back from a 15 month tour from Iraq. Instead of expressing my feelings I ate them with food. I developed a very unhealthy habit with food. I tell myself all the time today is the day I am not going to over eat but then I do and hate myself for it. If there anybody else that is out there that can relate and give some support I would love to know I am not alone in this battle.

AC

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    Love your doggie pic! So cute. No, you aren't alone. I'm sorry you are struggling but good for you for identifying your problem and knowing what it is. That's an important step.

Thank you for your service. I'm sorry that your tour in Iraq caused you to have issues with feelings. Do you have a therapist to talk to? I hope so. Also, there are a lot of self-help techniques that you can research on the internet and start experimenting and see what works for you.

First and foremost, DO NOT HATE YOURSELF. Sorry to yell, but what you need to do is the exact opposite: love yourself for who you are now flaws and all. That's what makes us each unique. Loving yourself is the first step to healing from within. Easier said than done, but I believe it's doable with some effort and consistency.