SUCKS when the scale shows no loss

I always weigh myself on Monday mornings. I was anxious today because I have had a pretty good week. Well those thoughts abruptly disintegrated when the scale showed no loss. :-(

This will in no way stop me, but @#$%& it just makes me mad.

Replies

• jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    I hear that!!! So frustrating especially when you have been doing well!! I've started measuring and have learned to be ok with no loss as I've noticed inches lost!!

Hang in there just temporary!
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    in before - 'take measurements and photos!!'

but really, i feel ya. that's why personally, i like to weigh myself at least three times a week. it allows me to observe and be more accepting of normal fluctuations in my weight. some weeks i wont lose anything, then the next week i'm down four pounds. or up two.

just trust that if you're doing things right, the scale will eventually reflect it. :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    sorry maybe you'll do better next week
    do u need to adjust cals?
    more exercise?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I've put on 2 lbs in the last 3 weeks. But the good news is that by weighing each day, I know my pattern, and I know I'll lose them and more when I get my period. I'm a huge proponent of weighing every day for that reason... For all you (don't) know, you actually lost weight this week, but gained back some water weight today.

I hear you though... it's so frustrating. Heck it's been the same way for me for 4 months now, and I still hate not losing anything for 3 weeks in a row every month. Every time I'm wondering if that's it, I'm going to plateau for months now...
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    I know I SHOULD be taking measurements...but honestly I don't want to write down that high number. :-P
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    I totally am there this week as well and HATE it. The scale didn't budge even though I was pretty good (I didn't track dinner on the fourth but didn't go hog wild either). Hopefully next week it shows a change....
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    I don't use my scale anymore.
    My weight is always high from lifting, and I don't BM everyday so that goes up too. Haha.
    Measuring tape and BF Calipers are where its at!