Surrounded by Temptation

Hi people
So I'm 24 and trying to lose the weight I put on over the last 5 years. My body gets me down and very depressed. In my head I still have that 27" waist and I feel smaller that I actually am. Which makes seeing my reflection a giant shock.
So I've started getting myself out of a depressing cycle I found myself in. I got a job, not my dream job. I don't think many people grow up saying that they really want to work in fast food but after my degree I found it hard to find opportunities in my field. Since I started work my activity level has increased, im on my feet all day, walking an hour there and back almost every day, and even though eating a free meal during my break, I've actually managed to lose something. This morning I measured myself and compaired to measurment i took before ordering my uniform and I lost and inch on my waist and 2 on my bust. 5 days ago I started logging in my meals. Eating a free fast food meal everyday was starting to worry me, I realised I didn't know how much I was eating and I thought that perhaps the activity of my job was beinging to balance out with my food intake and I didn't want to lose momentum.
So here I am. 5 days later after starting to watch my calorie intake, and realising that I'm getting barley any vitamins or minerals from my food, looking for people that are in a similar boat to me.