Newbie, Belly Fat, help!

Options
Hey Guys!

My name is I'm 22 years old and Over my lifetime I have struggled with my weight in 2008-2009 I lost a total of 60 pds, and within the past four years roughly 15 more. I'm 5'5 and am currently left with the infamous BELLY FAT. It's no joke when they say that the last 10 are the hardest to lose.

I've had many changes in my life the past yr, unfortunately a steady workout routine wasn't included. After my weight loss my last ten seems to be hugging my mid section, i'm not sure what else to do to get rid of it. I feel like it just wont go away.
I feel if I can jump this one last hurtle it'll also help the years of teasing that I endured. And to build confidence within myself, dating life, and with my body that I've never experienced before.

I know it takes hard work, but sometimes I think not only am I rebuilding a new body, but have had to rebuild a new "thinner me" with stretch marks and all, it's hard to change your mind set in such a short amount of time.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any tips that you guys have for me! :D Fitness, confidence, whatever you've got my ears are all open. Maybe success stories or anyone who has gone through the same thing, what's worked for you? What inspired you?

Sincerely,

-Ash

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Get into heavy lifting. Seriously. Nothing will whittle you down more effectively, and no, you will not get bulky!

Look up StrongLifts, or New Rules of Lifting For Women. Both are great programs for beginners.
  • aboone211
    aboone211 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you! I'm all about weight lifting, I think it's fantastic for woman to do. I've always wanted to just not sure how to get involved, any recommendations?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Check out nerdfitness.com and jefit.com. They are good resources for beginner lifters. The former has bodyweight circuits and stretching routines, plus videos and articles with a lot of useful information for starting out. The latter is a huge database of exercises and workout routines, broken down by muscle group and experience level. It's fairly easy to find something that works what you want, plus the site shows you proper form for each exercise.