Crossfit logging question...

Options
Not really sure what the best way to log crossfit in for exercise. I do circuit training for 60min or whatever the duration is. Do you think that would be sufficient?

Replies

• Zipbsky
    Zipbsky Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That's what I did for boot camp classes. Now I have an activity tracker with HR monitor, it doesn't give me as many calories (400+ instead of 500+).
  • Obeg
    Obeg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I log everything I do through Runkeeper that then synchs with MFP. RK has an option for Crossfit. It calculates at 600 calories an hour for me (161lb 44yr old man). However since actual HIIT time in a CF class can vary from 25 minutes to 50 minutes per class - I normally adjust the calories down. For instance - if we had two metcons for a total of 30 minutes and the other 30 minutes was strength and other things, I will adjust the calories down to around 350. When it synches up to MFP it puts it under the Aerobics category... so something told them that Aerobics was the closest fit for Crossfit. Friend of mine used Calestinics / Pushups etc option.

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Zipbsky wrote: »
    That's what I did for boot camp classes. Now I have an activity tracker with HR monitor, it doesn't give me as many calories (400+ instead of 500+).

HR monitors are good for steady state cardio only...with a chest strap...otherwise no.