Advocare pro/cons?

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    mmillion79 wrote: »
    Thoughts about Advocare? Favorite products...things to be weary of....
    Really no pros. It's a program that you buy. Without a calorie deficit, it doesn't work. And a calorie deficit just consists of eating less than you burn. And that's free.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    It's worth noting that the only positive comment so far has come from a distributor. Just sayin'......

FYI...I have been buying it for 5 years and do not have a down line, "distributor" per say=40% for myself. Sorry you had a bad experience. I am very glad you have had success without help.

5 years? Sheesh.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    These scams that "help" as part of a diet and exercise program have always reminded me of the story of the magic soup stone. The one I linked below has several, all slightly different than the one I remember from childhood, but the point is the same.

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/type1548.html

• RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Simple to me. I wanted a little extra motivation to get me going. I buy enough for the cleanse, do the cleanse and get back to my normal "free" Mfp life. Once in awhile I need the kick in the butt. I have lost 100 lbs, gained 20 back, lost it gained 40 and so on. I do what I want to do the way I want and it works for me until I fall off the wagon. The I switch it up. Bottom line is...be active, eat less and as clean as possible. You can lose weight and be healthy.
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    But I have...the only explanation I need to give is because I want to use it twice a year. I like what I do and it works for me. I don't need them. My summers consist of camping and beer, why? Because that's what I enjoy. So I do it once in the middle of summer and once in middle of winter, because I choose to. I have been as much as 305 and as low as 170, I prefer to be at a healthy 185. I worked out and ate healthy, took nothin. Changed habits, because I wanted to.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Thoughts about Advocare?
    It's a MLM scam, the products are overpriced and poor quality, and the people who sell it are usually incredibly aggressive, pushy and spammy.

...things to be weary of....
    You'll spend a lot of money on worthless products which won't do anything that a caloric deficit can't do. You'll be spammed to death by salespeople (I refuse to call them "coaches", just like Beachbody scammers) and pushed to become a distributor yourself so you're in their downline and making money for them.

It's not worth it. There's no upside to it.

This
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I have someone on my FB that has been using it for a year and....well....there seems to be no difference in her before/after pics.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I have someone on my FB that has been using it for a year and....well....there seems to be no difference in her before/after pics.

Some of the MLM distributors go on weight loss forums and steal people's before/after photos, then post them to their slimy FB sales pages saying stuff like "Look at the results my friend got from using Advocare/Snakeoilogy/ItWorks/Body by Vi/etc., it really works!!!1!". Because they know people really get zero results from those products that they wouldn't have gotten through a calorie deficit anyway.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »

Some of the MLM distributors go on weight loss forums and steal people's before/after photos, then post them to their slimy FB sales pages saying stuff like "Look at the results my friend got from using Advocare/Snakeoilogy/ItWorks/Body by Vi/etc., it really works!!!1!". Because they know people really get zero results from those products that they wouldn't have gotten through a calorie deficit anyway.

Yup. It's even happened a few times where before/after pics were stolen from MFP users and attached to a product. They don't care about the accuracy or efficacy, just sales.