Plant based foods

Hi! I'm a 32 yr old mom of a lil boy! Trying to eat healthy! Any advise on a plant based diet? Thanks!

Replies

• Namaste_Heart11
    Namaste_Heart11 Posts: 51 Member
    Hello there!

I am vegan (transitioned from vegetarian). Under the assumption that you are just starting out, I would suggest that you begin the transition slowly (Think: Meatless Mondays). If you choose to jump in with both feet, ensure that you are getting enough protein - I had to start adding vegan protein shakes in order to meet my body's needs. Eat fresh, organic produce as much as humanly possible and mix up your menu (otherwise, you will get tired of salad very quickly!) ;) I use Allrecipes.com and subscribe to Vegetarian Times for suggestions; also, there are many great recipe suggestions on this site.
  • lindzers09
    lindzers09 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi!

I mostly follow a plant based diet because it really makes me feel the best! Some of my favorite plant based recipes come from myplantbasedfamily.com and ohsheglows.com. Both great resources. I keep it simple and eat tons of rice, lentils, fruits and veggies. Lots of ways to season and sauce these up that are low cal!

How old is your son? Mine just turned 4!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Hi

My kids loved beans and bean based burgers. Beans are a great way to add plant based protein.
  • vwillan
    vwillan Posts: 28 Member
    I love this website: http://www.nomeatathlete.com/

He has lots of great recipes and advice.