Stay at home mum taking control of my Heath and happiness.

Options
I have been trying to lose weight now for the last 6-7 years with this diet and that diet and having had 2 babies in that time has made it extra hard. I have noticed I am also an emontional eater or when I am bored being at home a lot with 2 little ones, I just snack all day and eat large unhealthy quick meals and sometimes I just can't control myself, I also don't exercise but ... All that is changing now, I am not starting a diet this time, I am just changing what foods I eat, cutting portions,drinking more water and also moving more. ( start my at home exercise tomorrow, needed to buy a exercise mat and clothes) I have also started duromine(I know a lot ppl don't recommend this or like it, I am monitered closely by my doctor) but it is just to get me started, to help stop the craving which I have trouble controlling. Long post, thanks for reading. :) Love to hear from other people that are starting now or are on there way.

Replies

• PerlaSal86
    PerlaSal86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Changing what you eat is a great start...snack on healthy choices like carrots or cucumbers... Thats what I do and also lots of will power!!
  • mistyddreamer
    mistyddreamer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm a stay at home mum too with 2 boys...I find dieting so hard and frustrating, I gave up. I started to use this app at the beginning of May only to see how much I was actually eating per day, somehow I've ended up being more conscious of the amount of calories I was eating. So doing this it seems way easier to lose the weight...I also do weights three times per week, for losing weight not to become a body builder. With the right support this could be a doddle. Feel free to add me
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Please add me also, I love new friends :)<3 XOXOXO
  • goodbyejellybelly
    goodbyejellybelly Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I did not start my exercise till today but I have started, was hard only did a 15min intense workout with a 5 min warm up, suppose to be 40min a day but been a few years since I have exercised, walking tomorrow with the pram.
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good job getting started - remember this is a martahon not a sprint so slow and steady will reap the results/benefits you are seeking!
  • gmcs
    gmcs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. In the same boat here too. Stay at home mom. Feeling quite unhealthy..really want the weight off. This is just the start. Could use the encouragement too! :smile:
  • i_ge_w94
    i_ge_w94 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! There's a really good website called Flex which hosts live-streamed fitness classes - I've done a few of them and really enjoyed it, plus you don't need equipment or anything so it's really easy to do at home and you can ask the instructor for advice which I found really useful :) Good luck!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    how old are the kiddos? Taking them out for a nice walk/pushing the stroller is another great way to sneak in some exercise.