Reset to start from scratch

Options
Hi lovelies. Is there a way i can reset my whole profile so i can start from scratch as i would like this to be a brand new start? Be grateful if you could help. Thanks in advance

Replies

• benevempress
    benevempress Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    From the Help section:

Home > General Questions / Getting Started > Can I reset my account data?
    Can I reset my account data?

There is not currently a data reset feature available for the program. We will definitely consider making this option available in a future update.

Our recommended option is to reset your starting date, weight and goals. As an alternative, you may delete your account and start over, but doing so will delete all of your information, and will require you to chose a new username.

You may access either option on our website at www.myfitnesspal.com. Mobile app users should log in using the same username and password they use in the app.

Once you've logged in, If you would like to delete your account, click "My Home" then "Settings" then "Delete Account." Please note, if you are a Premium member, you will need to wait until your subscription ends before deleting your account, as Premium subscriptions are non transferable from one account to another.

If you would prefer to update your profile, click "My Home" then "Settings" then "Update diet/fitness profile" to set a new starting weight and goal weight.. Make sure you hit the green "Update Profile" button at the bottom of the page.

We then recommend updating your current starting weight and date so that your weight loss ticker will reflect your fresh start.
  • LivingWell234
    LivingWell234 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has this option been added? My start weight is 3 lb lighter from 2020 making it look as though I gained weight this go-round. I reset my start date/weight under My Home > Settings > Update Diet / Fitness Profile, but the log is still showing an uphill line which is discouraging.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    Has this option been added? My start weight is 3 lb lighter from 2020 making it look as though I gained weight this go-round. I reset my start date/weight under My Home > Settings > Update Diet / Fitness Profile, but the log is still showing an uphill line which is discouraging.

After a while, the line will go down again. You'll never really be at a point where it's ALWAYS on a downward slop. There will always be times when the trend goes up for a bit. Just keep going, it will even out. Here's what mine looks like. You'll notice the two upward swings. During that time period, my trending was showing a consistent upward line, but then, after several days, it went back down again.h4wf32sw0lxs.jpg