NSV Ran 7 miles/hr

Options
Capt_Inzane
Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
I run on the elliptical so I'm not sure if it's cheating or not but typically I'd run 6 miles an hour and today I hit 7. I now know I can do it so from now on that's my new goal. My heart rate got really high a few times (170's) but overall I stayed around 155-165. I felt like running at 6 mph gave me more of a sweat though so not sure if I'm doing good by pushing myself that hard or if I should be pacing.

Thoughts?

I'm currently 284 lbs and 5'8 so I have approximately another 100 lbs I want to lose so I run for an hour and then do strength training for 30 minutes. I'm trying to get up to 1 hr cardio in the morning then another hr late in the evening with an hr of strength training. I feel great and want to do more just don't want to overdo it and burn myself out. The last time I weighed 180 I was hitting the gym 1-2 hrs 3 times a day. I didn't work and ate super healthy and was shredding weight but I was 21 at the time too.

Thoughts on that as well?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!