3 day Military Diet - yay or nay?

Options
Asherberry
Asherberry Posts: 30 Member
Has anyone ever tried the 3 day military diet? The eating plan is pretty bizarre, just curious if it's worth it

Replies

• Asherberry
    Asherberry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Nope. You will lose some water weight and gain it right back
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    No
  • sappermuff
    sappermuff Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's calorie restriction... it'll work but it's a crash diet with another name.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Huge nay. Bunch of nonsense.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Nay. I was an idiot and did it a couple years ago. Lost 4 pounds in that week, but gained it all back the next week.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    They call it the military diet because it's just a crash diet that a military person may want to use to quickly get under weight maximum. Military members that exceed their weight restrictions face negative reviews and possible administrative separation and use techniques like this diet if their close to (or above) their maximum prior to a required weight in. Don't do it. You will not be able to exercise on it or, if you do, your exercise will severely suffer. Also, it will cut off weight (mostly water) that will just return when you go back to normal eating.
  • Bulebunny
    Bulebunny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on it for last 4 weeks and have no result of losing weight lol. I keep doing it because I found out that diet helps me with my bad eating habit. I binge eat randomly especially when I am tired after work. The diet seems to give me enough or more energy. I am a runner (chubby runner lol) I run 30 mins everyday, When I go to work, I am on my feet all day. I feel more energized when I am on military diet. However when I put military diet food in my daily food area, it's said if I am eating like this I will gain 2lb in 5 weeks. lol . But I am going to continue for awhile and see.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    nameneko wrote: »
    I'm on it for last 4 weeks and have no result of losing weight lol. I keep doing it because I found out that diet helps me with my bad eating habit. I binge eat randomly especially when I am tired after work. The diet seems to give me enough or more energy. I am a runner (chubby runner lol) I run 30 mins everyday, When I go to work, I am on my feet all day. I feel more energized when I am on military diet. However when I put military diet food in my daily food area, it's said if I am eating like this I will gain 2lb in 5 weeks. lol . But I am going to continue for awhile and see.

No results yet still doing it. Wow. :noway:
  • suzyjane1972
    suzyjane1972 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    They call it the military diet because it's just a crash diet that a military person may want to use to quickly get under weight maximum. Military members that exceed their weight restrictions face negative reviews and possible administrative separation and use techniques like this diet if their close to (or above) their maximum prior to a required weight in. Don't do it. You will not be able to exercise on it or, if you do, your exercise will severely suffer. Also, it will cut off weight (mostly water) that will just return when you go back to normal eating.

It had NOTHING to do with the military
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    No. Never tried it. Won't try it. Nope. Nope nope.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »

No, that's just what they say it is. They also say it is the GM Diet (nothing to do with GM) and a variety of other names to make it seem legit.