1 cup cooked white rice (sticky style) to grams?

Options
Coulda googled, here I'll get a more general concensus..

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Oh for the love of heaven, I'd kill for some sticky rice... Depends on the water content, but I'd go with 150g cooked.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Impossible to tell. That's why people tell you to weigh your food, not measure it. Depends how much you shoved in that cup (or not).
  • WBB55
    Options
    I think he's asking because all the database stuff list by the cup, but he wants to do it by weight and try to be accurate with the calorie count.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly, it's 3:1 for cooked to dry rice. 1/3 cup dry = 1 cup cooked. I eat Basmati rice and a serving is 45 grams dry so about 150 grams cooked.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    Got nothing for sticky rice, but my Thai jasmine rice is 150 grams per cup cooked.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I think he's asking because all the database stuff list by the cup, but he wants to do it by weight and try to be accurate with the calorie count.

This is incorrect. There are a multitude of entries that are done by weight. You just have to keep lookong. And you can't do it by weight without a food scale, I mean how could you?? This is why pasta and rice are important to weigh while dry, you can't really guess how much water it will absorb. My cooked rice is slightly different each time I make it even though I use the same amounts, cooking time can vary depending on what else I have on the stove.

Make a best guess for today but in the future consider weighing the dry for the most accuracy, then use a dry weight entry.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Can you not do a search for something like rice sticky grams, sticky rice grams (manufaturer) and it come up with an entry that does contain the grams?

I will always add the word grams to my searches and will get an entry or two or three that will display with the grams in it. got to go an extra step or dig just a tad, but it will be one or two or three.. there is always someone that has put it in the database.

I did a search for Sticky Rice Grams and got several to come up in grams. You can weigh out your portion and actually enter it in grams so if you took a hunk of it and put it in a bowl and weighed it and it came out to 143 grams, you can eneter 143 grams as your serving.
  • WBB55
    Options
    I'm fairly certain Dan has a scale.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Weigh all servings dry, cook, reweigh total and divide by # of servings per dry weight. Use dry weight calories for weighed cooked serving.
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    AspenDan wrote: »
    Coulda googled, here I'll get a more general concensus..

This is the recipe I use. It's at http://www.food.com/recipe/minados-perfect-sushi-rice-119373

5wsedbbk35j6.png
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, and yeah most "cooked white rice" in the search is by the cup, but I only own a scale haha.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I don't know about sticky rice but my Japanese rice 1 cup cooked comes up to about 140g