Can someone help...calories per day

Options
kmaf2016
kmaf2016 Posts: 51 Member
MFP says I need 1200 calories per day but although im no nutritionist I feel this is low and I feel sooo hungry all the time. I have a friend at work who isa qualified nutrionist and says for theamount of exercise i do I should be on at least 1500 per day so i just wanted other peoples thoughts...Please dont critisise my workouts, I like these and they make me happy :-). Every day I do the following unless I 100% cant due to illness, mtgs at work etc but 99% I do them...Mon is 30 minute bodycombat class and a 3k run. Tues is 30min yoga. Weds is 30mins GRIT. Thurs is 30min combat and 30min kettlebell. Friday is 30min bodypump and 4.5k run....is 1200 calories to low and is 1500 calories ok...Thank u guys x

Replies

• kmaf2016
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight but I find my weight fluctuates between 11st 8lb and 11st 11lb, I was doing slimming but on Monday turned to myfitnesspal to count calories only after a chat to a PT at the gym and for the first time in months I feel in control for once, I love tracking all that I eat....I only count calories, a long time ago I did count macros but i became obsessed with it all but after my chat to the PT i feel comfortable counting calories only...
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    The calorie goal MFP gives you does not include exercise. You should be logging your exercise and eating back a portion/all those calories.
  • kmaf2016
    Options
    I don't count exercise calories so Ive set my calories as 1500 per day and I don't log exercise because after research Ive found that MFP overly estimates exercise calories....
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't count exercise calories so Ive set my calories as 1500 per day and I don't log exercise because after research Ive found that MFP overly estimates exercise calories....

That's pretty much what I did - raised my base level calorie goal and don't bother with exercise calories.
  • Fluffy2Fit2Shredded
    Fluffy2Fit2Shredded Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've researched and found higher protein intake helps you stay fuller longer, whether that's with food or shakes. As long as you're burning more than what u take in from whatever your daily calorie maintenance is at you'll lose weight, if that's your goal. Look into foods that are high in volume and low in calorie to fill you up, like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, spinach, etc and just cook n prepare them different ways with diff spices n homemade healthy sauces to keep changing it up, that's what I do! So I dont get sick of the veggies. Tons of delicious tasty meals u can make to fill u up, almost to food coma sometimes and see you've taken in so few calories. And I love to eat! Good luck!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Yes you should eat more than 1,200 if you are active, slower is better and more sustainable, losing weight too fast means losing muscle. Do you log your exercise in MFP? It should tell you to eat more if you do.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 1500 and burn around 300. Works for me. I figured out a long time ago that just eating 1200 a day is proposterous. Especially with my lifestyle. I'm pretty active.
  • kmaf2016
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the replies, no I stopped putting in my exercise as I know its an over estimate of calories so I just add my exercise into my notes...I do try and eat more high protein foods such as fish, meats, eggs, high protein yoghurts etc but on intense workout days I do need those carbs...all this week I have aimed for 1500 calories per day but have averaged around 1400 per day except for tonight because I had wine and it took me 17 calories over my target! In the past lots of people and after research have said I should be aiming for at least 1500 per day but I just wanted real persons personal thoughts! Not that those people who have told me already are not real people haha! I suppose I just need that extra opinion on this....I've really enjoyed being in control on my calories this week, its made me think about what I put in my mouth! Before I was on slimming world, I'm not saying it doesn't work but it just wasn't for me!