Pizza cone

Options
healthy491
healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
Hi everyone
So my boyfriend wanted a cone pizza ( pizza kono) and I was wondering if I should get one. I searched how many calories it has and to my surprise it says 280 calories! Thats really not much.. is it possible?

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm curious why you started multiple threads under multiple user names (I assume the all numeric one is you also since this is such a random question) to ask the same question?

I don't know what a cone pizza is so I can't comment about the validity of the calorie content. 280 cals is about what a slice of a large pizza from a chain restaurant, so I have no idea if that helps you determine the accuracy of what you found.

I just found the multiple threads perplexing...
  • healthy491
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I'm curious why you started multiple threads under multiple user names (I assume the all numeric one is you also since this is such a random question) to ask the same question?

I don't know what a cone pizza is so I can't comment about the validity of the calorie content. 280 cals is about what a slice of a large pizza from a chain restaurant, so I have no idea if that helps you determine the accuracy of what you found.

For your information , the other numeric account belongs to my boyfriend . He asked the same question as he also was surprised. Anyone can ask whatever they want on this community and if it bothered you , then you should have scrolled past it.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »

For your information , the other numeric account belongs to my boyfriend . He asked the same question as he also was surprised. Anyone can ask whatever they want on this community and if it bothered you , then you should have scrolled past it.

I was perplexed too because three of these threads were posted by the same user. If that was an accident you can flag them and ask the mods to delete them.

Have you checked if Pizza Kono has information on their website?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Well, there are at least four different threads on pizza cones now. Yes, we can scroll past them, but multiple threads makes it more difficult.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Okay - but you also started three separate threads to ask the same question.

I'm not bothered... I'm.... perplexed.

Anyway I was curious enough about what this was to google it and on the Kono Pizza website they don't offer nutritional info but they do have an infographic proclaiming that their vegetarian option is 250 cals compared to a 450 cal slice of regular pizza, so it is possible I suppose that the 280 cal one you found in the MFP database is realistic. It probably depends, just like any pizza, what the toppings are.

http://konousa.com/ingredients/
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Well I'll be darned, I think it just might be that low in calories! I never would have guessed either, this makes me want to try it all the more xD I looked up the recipe to make a Pillsbury version, and since it's baked I mean, it's going to have a lot less calories than something you get at a festival which has been fried. It probably all depends on the place though, as I'm sure most places would use full fat cheese and probably a LOT of it, which adds more calories. Also, toppings such as meatballs and sausage could quickly add up. I have trust issues so I'd probably just log 300, depending on the size, really. Most average large pizza slices are around 300 calories. I would just take whichever toppings were included and log it as one slice of Pizza Hut's large pan crust pizza. It's hard to be exact, I'm really interested to see what other people say!!!
  • healthy491
    Options
    Okay - but you also started three separate threads to ask the same question.

I'm not bothered... I'm.... perplexed.

Anyway I was curious enough about what this was to google it and on the Kono Pizza website they don't offer nutritional info but they do have an infographic proclaiming that their vegetarian option is 250 cals compared to a 450 cal slice of regular pizza, so it is possible I suppose that the 280 cal one you found in the MFP database is realistic. It probably depends, just like any pizza, what the toppings are.

http://konousa.com/ingredients/

Hahah well it does look a little crazy , but he just did the account and I was just explaining to him how to use this app. And yes , I did ask it on different threads because I did not know where its best to ask a question like this. But, thanks a lot for your help , I really appreciate it :) and yes , I agree with you .. and I think the crust also makes a difference.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I now have seen four threads.. I have seen two before in different forums.. This is an record for me. I thought maybe I dipped into the sauce unknowingly..
  • healthy491
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Well I'll be darned, I think it just might be that low in calories! I never would have guessed either, this makes me want to try it all the more xD I looked up the recipe to make a Pillsbury version, and since it's baked I mean, it's going to have a lot less calories than something you get at a festival which has been fried. It probably all depends on the place though, as I'm sure most places would use full fat cheese and probably a LOT of it, which adds more calories. Also, toppings such as meatballs and sausage could quickly add up. I have trust issues so I'd probably just log 300, depending on the size, really. Most average large pizza slices are around 300 calories. I would just take whichever toppings were included and log it as one slice of Pizza Hut's large pan crust pizza. It's hard to be exact, I'm really interested to see what other people say!!!

Haha I know right ! Like at first I was like '' nah , I 'll pass .. not worth the calories'' and then I saw 280 calories and I'm like '' yeah , why not?''
    It just seems to good and the pizza hut thing makes a lot of sense ! Thanks :)
  • healthy491
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I now have seen four threads.. I have seen two before in different forums.. This is an record for me. I thought maybe I dipped into the sauce unknowingly..

Oh my god. I asked it on different forums as I didnt know where to best ask a question like this. i am new to this app and if these questions botheres you that much , i dont know why you wasted your time replying.
  • OfficialDSXIII
    OfficialDSXIII Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It looks like a hot pocket which is about the same amount of calories. I'm sure it tastes better though.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this thread hoping it would include a cone made of pizza crust, filled with meat, cheese and sauce.
  • OfficialDSXIII
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    I clicked on this thread hoping it would include a cone made of pizza crust, filled with meat, cheese and sauce.

That's what it is .
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

main-menu-classic-on.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options

main-menu-classic-on.png

That...looks really messy to eat. But yummy.
  • OfficialDSXIII
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

main-menu-classic-on.png

You gotta start at the tip and work your way down. Just don't let any spill out of your mouth and you'll be ok.

:innocent:
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

Oh my god. I asked it on different forums as I didnt know where to best ask a question like this. i am new to this app and if these questions botheres you that much , i dont know why you wasted your time replying.

Well, it's just bothersome. We are not a huge community, so just remember for next time that one area will do. The "food" forum would make the most sense given your question. Cross posting isn't going to be penalized but it's just a courtesy you're now learning. And now you know.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Actually I believe that it's against the rule to ask the same question twice.

Food looks tasty though!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

That's actually against forum rules. Just for future reference. Here are the community guidelines (posting the same thing on multiple boards is #9):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

main-menu-classic-on.png

You gotta start at the tip and work your way down. Just don't let any spill out of your mouth and you'll be ok.

:innocent:

I'm just imagining a huge chunk of the cone part ripping off when taking bite like what happens when you get too much cone with ice cream. :)