Pea Protein Powder

I want to buy a protein powder. The problem is every one I have tried in the past upset my stomach. I was thinking about trying a pea protein powder.
Any comments or complaints about it? Does anyone have any recommendations for a brand? I am on a budget so it doesn't necessarily have to be the top of the line.

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited May 2016
    Are you allergic to dairy?
    Or could it be the careegenan some powders contain?
    Did your old powder contain it?
    Could it possibly be artificial sweetener that you don't like?
    You have to figure out what is upsetting your stomach first.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    I do have issues with whey/dairy protein powders as well. All the vegan ones I have tried aren't great tasting, but I feel that way about most protein powder in general.
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    A while back I bought a tub of nutra summa chocolate pea protein at sprouts and I'm finally using it again. It tastes ok, doesn't taste like peas to me. I think it was like $40 for a big tub.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Love my Naturade Pea Protein Powder, vanilla or chocolate, that I get on Amazon. Whey upsets my stomach too.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Pea protein is not the tastiest and tends to mix a bit thicker than other proteins that I have tried. I didn't really find it pleasurable... but it was tolerable. I much prefer a blended protein that contains pea protein as opposed to just straight pea proteins.

It's also not one of the cheaper proteins in my area, so it wouldn't fit the budget category for me.

What proteins have you tried? What are you looking for in a protein?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    I was using these successfully for a while:
    • Nutribiotic Organic Rice Protein, Plain
    • Matnitoba Hemp Hearts - Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds.