Sides for stuffed chicken?

Options
pie_eyes
pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
I'm making spinach and mushroom stuffed chicken tomorrow with pepper jack and Swiss cheese

Can anyone help me with ideas for sides to compliment it? I've tried different sides before but I can't find the right one

Replies

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I just made stuffed chicken the other day! I made a Greek salad to go with it- spring mix, black olives, feta cheese, red onion, cucumber, and the Greek Feta Salad Dressing from Trader Joes (any dressing works though). But sweet potatoes are a side I think goes with just about everything too. Or steamed broccoli sprinkled with a little bit of grated parmesan.
  • oliverngus
    oliverngus Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll link to one of my very favorite veggie recipes-it's a great side as it's veggie heavy, but also with sweet potatoes which seems to round out a meal nicely :). http://www.food.com/recipe/oven-roasted-vegetables-334483
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Roasted green beans!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Roasted zucchini, peppers, and carrots!
  • BLifts38
    BLifts38 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    mashed caulifower
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Roasted asparagus. And if you have the calories, couscous or quinoa.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I make once a week either cordon bleu or Italian stuffed chicken (with homemade sauce and Parmesan cheese), and these both are extremely filling and I do not normally serve anything with them.. This has light breading (carbs), lots of protein and I sear mine on the stove top before putting in the oven, so it has a very small amount of oil added to the pan and with cheese this makes this takes up the fat for the entire meal..

However on a "refuel" day (friday) and this were the dinner meal of the day, I would say that I would consider adding steamed veggie medley (broccoli ,cauliflower and carrots), stir fry veggies, salad (simple with just romaine or any veggie/tomates I have in the house) with light dressing.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Mashed cauliflower or roasted butternut squash
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone