Can i (should i) run every day? C25k Question

2»

Replies

• To put it simply...yes, you can. Plenty of people (from all walks of life) run every day. Assuming even the simplest foundation of fitness, you can too.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    thanks for the tips. When i get my new phone i will get the you are your own gym app. I'm on an iphone temporaritly and it's stalling my life.

I was thinking triathalon in the SPRING, not 12 weeks from now! craziness!!! Keep in mind, i work full time, lone parent a baby, go to school part time and need my sanity. My training time really is limited to the half hour a day i take for lunch and the time i sneak in by running errands on my bike.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    when i first started to consider a triathlon, i read that as long as you can swim, bike, and run thirty minutes each, on separate days of the same week, you are already 50% ready for a triathlon.

a sprint triathlon is 750 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride, 3 mile run. you'll be done in under two hours. i promise.

Each week will consist of two to three bike days, two running days, one to two swim days. work outs do not have to be hours long. in fact, short and sweet is preferred.

oh, and my training time is my sanity time. i work full time, and go to school as well.