New moms...when do you work out?

Options
I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old. I work 4 days a week (a few long days) and I'm struggling to figure out where to fit in exercise. I don't want to spend the day away from
Kiddos then get home and leave again to workout. But the thought of waking up at 5am...

Replies

• drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    At home workouts are your friend. You can do them while watching babies...I've lost all my baby weight through this way mostly. Also you can consider investing in a jogging stroller and take the kiddos out for a jog. But the fact that you have two will surely complicate any workout routine you have going.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I take the baby for really long fantastic walks. Like 3 hours of blissfully quiet walks.
  • papple227
    papple227 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I walk the kids to a far away playground at least 3-4 times a week. They are usually happy knowing they'll get to play and I get a nice workout in pushing the stroller up those hills! Lol. If your kids are too little for play on playgrounds then you could omit that part, but it's nice when they get a little older.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't so little anymore, but I work 3 days a week. I do wake up at 5 am to get a run in before everyone wakes up. on days I don't work, I hit the gym with my little ones. I don't know what I'd do without the YMCA and their childcare!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I try to get at least get a 30 min session 2-3x per week.. if my daughter (2.5yrs) is home I will either put on a DVD or wait for her naptime.. I time this around my 4 month olds naps or playtime in his bouncy chair. If I can't workout in my home gym I do band work in between throughout the day or get a walk in