Maybe stupid question. But here goes.

Options
My galaxy phone tracks my steps and my average calories burned for the day. I've been entering these burned calories as an exercise on here...only 30-50% of the calories though.

I have my activity level set as sedentary. Should I be adding back these portions of Burns or should I not?

Example, today, I burned an approximate 500 calories. I made a cardio entry, stating that I burned 200 calories.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you losing?
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I am. :) 5 in a week and a half. I'm more than happy with it, despite some being water weight. ;) just wanted to make sure I was "right" in doing this, lol
  • slowbubblecar
    slowbubblecar Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to burn those calories?

Is the walking more than normal walking you would be doing in a day or is it just calories you burn going about your daily business? I wouldn't log it unless it is something different you are doing to burn calories.
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Today, it was more activity than normal. I'm an administrative assistant, so I generally have a desk job. I am also trained in several aspects of Healthcare though, and we've been short staffed, so I've been filling it with patient care - in a two story jail that houses about 700 inmates. I won't log a portion back from now on, unless it's a day of excess movement. Thanks for the help, guys :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    If you are a little more hungry than usual on any day you could eat your calories back on that day. Play it by ear.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    If you are a little more hungry than usual on any day you could eat your calories back on that day. Play it by ear.

Your cat is just about the cutest thing in the world
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Your cat is just about the cutest thing in the world

I'm so so so sorry for adding to this and derailing the thread.

But, queenliz... Is your cat a Ragdoll? Your cat looks just like mine but my Ragdoll has little white mitts!

So cute!