Newbie here, day 4!

Options
I am in Seattle (Queen Anne) and on day 4 of my lifestyle change. I had a surgery in November after working so hard to lose my baby weight (I've got two older kids and twin tots!) it was brutal- then the partial hysterectomy with complications kept me on months of bedrest. I gained about 20 to 30 pounds and very motivated to lose it. So far the tools I am using my fitness pal to track my diet as well as pacer to track my steps. Once I can get comfortable with these starting goals (like I said I'm on day 4) I want to incorporate swimming, yoga, and Pilates into my routine again. I have a bad back so those are my only options in addition to walking. I am doing Jorge Cruise's "The 100" diet plan and so far it's been great! Too good to be true really. My dad is a doctor and really big on how bad sugar and processed foods are for us. He is followed Jorge Cruise for years now and has adopted the lifestyle of low sugar successfully for I want to say 5 years now maybe more? Whenever the book came out; that's when he began. My small goal and first goal for fitness is to walk 3000 steps a day once I reach that goal I will raise it to 5000 and then from there 10,000 steps a day. So far I have only been able to reach 2000 steps in one day. I am 5 foot two and currently weigh 140 pounds; i hate calling this a diet because it's really more of a lifestyle change. The hardest part for me has been living with a husband who is the SAHD and cooks for the family. My husband is 6 foot eight and very slender, him and I disagree a lot on what is OK and not OK to feed the children. So- with the start of my new diet and the frustration my husband can see in my eyes after working so hard to lose all of the baby weight after each of the three pregnancies I can tell that he is really on board this time. I can tell he is making healthier choices at the store and non-tempting items for me. Although surprisingly I have not felt very much hunger nor have I felt any real temp Tatian's for sweet foods which is weird.

I am motivated most by my upcoming 10 year anniversary! and second I am motivated by my lack of energy and cranky mood. I hate not being able to fit into my clothing. I hate that I can only wear a select few outfits. I cannot wait to win this battle!! When I do- and I WILL; I am going to celebrate by doing something just for me- a spa
day probably! I never do things like that. Also; since having our children the last family photo we took was just of my husband and I and our first born son. So we would LOVE to do some family portraits of all of us!!! It would be very motivational and well deserved!

I would love a local walking buddy.....
Anyone else doing a low carb/low sugar type of diet/lifestyle change?