Trying to lose last 2 pounds & maintain goal weight

Options
Hi everyone,

After more than a year of attempting to reach a goal weight of 125lbs, I realized how determined I was to hit a certain number more than a happy medium for myself. I have noticed that when around 130lbs, I feel fine and feel like my body is finally beautiful. However, currently I am weighing in at 131.8lbs and am unsure if this is due to my menstrual cycle coming soon or if I really gained weight. I normally used to check my weight daily, but nowadays due to past ED's I try to weigh myself only 1-2 a week.

My question is, how many calories should I be eating daily to maintain weight?
CW: 131.8lbs
GW: 130lbs
Activity: Running 15 minutes, Walking 10 minutes, Strength Training 3-4x's a week
Height: 5'7"

I currently eat around 1,200-1350 calories a day currently

Replies

• samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Go into 'Goals', and set it to 'maintain my weight'. Mfp will work out the calories that you need to eat to maintain that weight :)

You should be eating more than 1200-1350 to maintain (assuming you are weighing your food accurately) - I'm shorter and a tad lighter than you (5'3" and 128 lbs) and I maintain on 1620 even though I'm often fairly sedentary.
  • Owlfan88
    Owlfan88 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be able to eat more than 1200-1350 to maintain! I'm also 5'7" but much older, 50, and I'm currently maintaining around 130-135 for the past 6 months. I'm eating 2000-2200 most days. I walk about 2 miles (30-35 minutes) every day with total steps including that walk of around 12k a day and strength training 1-2 times per week.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I ran your stats and I came up with 1700 to maintain your current weight. Op if you are indeed weighing all of your food intake and completely 100% positive on the amount of calories you consume which is the 1200 - 1350 range, you should still continuing to be loosing weight.

This may be a process you will have to work on in a week to week basis by upping your calories each week or two, until you find the right balance and where you are indeed maintaining on X calories a week.