Gaining?!!

Options
The last couple of weeks have been so crazy, I work 12 hour days six days a week (which is no excuse because i have been doing this much work for months and still lost the weight) and i just have not been able to motivate myself to keep perfect track of my calories on the calorie counter. I hate how i was sooooo motivated for the first month, and now i go over my calories everyday. I mean i have been trying to go the gym everyday, but when i eat poorly i feel absolutely no motivation in working out because my body does not feel well. Thus starting a cycle of me just not wanting to do anything healthy! And to top it all of (even though it should be no surprise to me) i gained two pounds last week! This has been my first gain so far. This week has been better with working out, i have not missed a day and every workout i have pushed myself harder than ever, but my eating habits have been just as bad. AAAAHHHH not sure what to do, i am just frustrated and i feel like since i have gained i am not going to be able to lose again. That is such a scary thought. How in the world do you guys stay motivated and count your calories EVERY day?!

Replies

• fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The last couple of weeks have been so crazy, I work 12 hour days six days a week (which is no excuse because i have been doing this much work for months and still lost the weight) and i just have not been able to motivate myself to keep perfect track of my calories on the calorie counter. I hate how i was sooooo motivated for the first month, and now i go over my calories everyday. I mean i have been trying to go the gym everyday, but when i eat poorly i feel absolutely no motivation in working out because my body does not feel well. Thus starting a cycle of me just not wanting to do anything healthy! And to top it all of (even though it should be no surprise to me) i gained two pounds last week! This has been my first gain so far. This week has been better with working out, i have not missed a day and every workout i have pushed myself harder than ever, but my eating habits have been just as bad. AAAAHHHH not sure what to do, i am just frustrated and i feel like since i have gained i am not going to be able to lose again. That is such a scary thought. How in the world do you guys stay motivated and count your calories EVERY day?!
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    I've been struggling but I count because I look in the mirror. I make myself look in the mirror for a long time, when I get out of the shower. I decide that I don't want to look this way any longer and it gets me right back on track. It may not be the best way but it works right now. And since I'm still in the beginning that's what I need.
    AND... I have a partner. I work with her and we talk about it all the time. When I'm down she's up and when she's down I'm up.
    That's the best advice.... find a friend that you can do this with. We even make contest out of it!
  • Violet1980
    Options
    I do this every day too. I want to force myself to see what the fat looks like, just like MFP forces me to look at my daily food and caloric intake.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have been here since January and have lost 27.5 so far. Counting calories has become a little obsessive for me. I make sure I count everything. For me, it was the only way. When starting, I worked out 3 days a week. Lately, I have been going twice because the weather is warmer and I am trying to get things done around the house and then we go for family walks.

It's something that always has to be on your mind. If you know you are eating something crappy, put it down and stop eating. You have complete control over everything you put in your mouth. You just have to do it.

A few weeks ago I did fall into a slump and yoyo-ed a few weeks in a row but I eventually bounced back.

Look at my profile pic. This is a before and current photo of me. I still have 28-38 lbs to lose but this was a great motivated for me to see how far I have come. I never realized how heavy I was and I don't want to go back to that.

You can do it.